• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Before you jump off the bridge...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Just remember that we're not PITT, Penn state, or Syracuse who all got handed losses tonight. 2 of those to fcs teams btw.

Ya it wasn't all pretty but I would MUCH RATHER have reality checks early like this then have a false sense of security 4-0 or w.e. down the road. For all we know maybe our team needed a nice wakeup call.

And fwiw, in 2007 we had a pretty lame duck opener like this one against elon to go 28-13... And - few weeks later, number 2 in the country....waddya know.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Pitt lost to an FCS. Penn St lost to a MAC team and Syracuse lost to a Big Ten team. but yea i agree with your point.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

So I can't jump off the skyway?

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

If this is a reality check, it may actually be a beneficial game.

If this is a sign of things to come. Crap.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Pitt lost to an FCS. Penn St lost to a MAC team and Syracuse lost to a Big Ten team. but yea i agree with your point.

All three of those teams are not going to be that good this year. maybe .500 if that

I am ok with the win we played not that great on offense but the game was never in doubt.

I would have liked to have seen the team more well oiled and clicking in its first game on offense....hopefully

they will get it going next week.

Bright side the defense looked good for the most part.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i would rather title this thread...."if you want to jump off a bridge after tonight....please, by all means, go ahead"

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

It was good to get the weaknesses on tape for the coaches to know what to work on for sure.

The only thing I recall about the poor perfomance against Elon in 2007 then rising to #2 that year, as it relates to this start is that, if I recall correctly, all the things everyone was concerned about after the first game ultimately came true and became our undoing later in the year and we didn't even finish ranked.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Agree 100% I would have lived a blow out but though it wasn't consistent BJ made reads and passed to his 2nd an even 3rd option. Sure our running game could have been better but this is what equates to a preseason game. There were FBS and even BCS teams that lost to FCS opponents this week. We won and at that won by 20. Could we have played better? Yes but we who and now weave to worry about Nevada next weekend.

As I am typing this UTEP who we handled last year is giving #4 Okie all they can handle with 3 min left in the half. It's a long season and you really can't base what will happen off of week 1 alone. If we sputter next week at Nevada I'll be concerned but if we **** the bed on yet another Thursday against Rutgers then I'll b worried