• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I need some football advice from the married Bulls out there...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Who are the bands?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Go to the concert, don't say anything at all. Since she's someone that you love enough to marry, I'm sure that she understands the "sacrifice" that you'll be making, She'll know thta she "owes you one", but if YOU play that card, you'll lose it. JMVHMO.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Take 2 cars - works for me all the time.

This... Just because your married does not mean you can't enjoy things separately

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Obviously you care more about making your wife happy than the UTC game, or you wouldn't even be posting here.

What I would do is go, sacrifice as much time as you need for her. Figure out some way to dvr the game, avoid any news on the game at all, pick up your absolute favorite food on the way home, your favorite drink of choice, sit down in that favorite layzboy, and then treat yourself to a magical night of Bulls football.

You can't win em all.

Edited by Bullsfan11

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Please don't do anything to get the couch for the UTC game ...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

You've not been married that long, so you've got plenty of wiggle-room in the mistake department. It sounds like the frau, having purchased tickets without your prior consent and input, values this musical experience. You've also seen the USF x Chattanooga game many times before, you just don't realize it. The only difference is the pronunciation of the names (Valapraiso, Slippery Rock, Jacksonville State, Tennessee Tech, Tennessee-Martin, Wofford, Stony Brook). You will not miss ANYTHING by not going to the season opener against a 'practice under the lights' game. Skip the game, go to the concert. That being said, there's also this...

The USF schedule is generally firmed up in early spring with the exception of start times. I would ... wait, I actually do this...print out the schedule with a note attached reading to the effect:

Attached is the USF football schedule for [YEAR]. Although some game times have not been confirmed as of this printing, please schedule your estrogen-intensive going-as-a-couple events accordingly. Bear in mind that this schedule can be changed to meet national television or university requirements, and as such should be considered, at worst, a very good guideline for fall social calendar scheduling. Do not attempt to schedule social events on game day around printed game times, as scheduled times represent kickoff, and do not factor in transportation, tailgating, etc. If you have any questions, please schedule a meeting at your earliest convenience. I'll be in the garage or out by the pool.

And, as pointed out above. By sacrificing the game, you automatically pocket one "You Owe Me" chip which can be cashed in later.

- Dean Robinson

25 Year of Wedded Bliss and Amicable Negotiation

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

Obviously you care more about making your wife happy than the UTC game, or you wouldn't even be posting here.

What I would do is go, sacrifice as much time as you need for her. Figure out some way to dvr the game, avoid any news on the game at all, pick up your absolute favorite food on the way home, your favorite drink of choice, sit down in that favorite layzboy, and then treat yourself to a magical night of Bulls football.

You can't win em all.

I would love to be able to DVR it but it isn't being televised is it?

Please don't do anything to get the couch for the UTC game ...

I'm trying to avoid that, for sure.

You've not been married that long, so you've got plenty of wiggle-room in the mistake department. It sounds like the frau, having purchased tickets without your prior consent and input, values this musical experience. You've also seen the USF x Chattanooga game many times before, you just don't realize it. The only difference is the pronunciation of the names (Valapraiso, Slippery Rock, Jacksonville State, Tennessee Tech, Tennessee-Martin, Wofford, Stony Brook). You will not miss ANYTHING by not going to the season opener against a 'practice under the lights' game. Skip the game, go to the concert. That being said, there's also this...

The USF schedule is generally firmed up in early spring with the exception of start times. I would ... wait, I actually do this...print out the schedule with a note attached reading to the effect:

Attached is the USF football schedule for [YEAR]. Although some game times have not been confirmed as of this printing, please schedule your estrogen-intensive going-as-a-couple events accordingly. Bear in mind that this schedule can be changed to meet national television or university requirements, and as such should be considered, at worst, a very good guideline for fall social calendar scheduling. Do not attempt to schedule social events on game day around printed game times, as scheduled times represent kickoff, and do not factor in transportation, tailgating, etc. If you have any questions, please schedule a meeting at your earliest convenience. I'll be in the garage or out by the pool.

And, as pointed out above. By sacrificing the game, you automatically pocket one "You Owe Me" chip which can be cashed in later.

- Dean Robinson

25 Year of Wedded Bliss and Amicable Negotiation

Haha, I might have to steal that!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah I think your going to have to miss maybe the start of the game...I am married even less than you and I know a happy wife is a happy life :LoveFest:

Only other suggestion is maybe doing both events with your best friends that night...but if this was all planned awhile ago that

might not work.