• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2013 SF/PF Dre'Kalo Clayton

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

If we get this kid, is it the most balanced class we have ever had?

PG - check

C - check

PF - check

SF - check (Dre)

All high schoolers I believe

Right, no JuCo or D1 transfers (yet).

Clayton from his twitter account today

"Next week I will make my choice on what college I will attend"

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dre’Kalo Clayton is one of Florida’s top prospects in the Class of 2013. He plays the power forward position and although he’s not quite at the level of Florida commit, Chris Walker, he’s caught the attention of many schools around the country.

7_709562.jpg

Clayton stands at 6’6, making him a little undersized for the ideal power forward, but a strong body combined with great athleticism helps make up for the height disadvantage. He is also able to drop down and play the small forward position due to his improved shooting ability and his great vision when it comes to passing to open teammates.

Clayton has been highly recruited since the beginning of his junior year and picked up many high-major and mid-major offers along the way. These offers include Florida, USC, Murray State, Georgia, and many others. Now approaching his senior season at Evans High School (Florida), Dre’Kalo Clayton has trimmed that list down to five. Those five schools are South Florida, Florida International, USC, Murray State, and Temple.

I recently had a chance to catch up with this talented big man and he broke down some of the things he enjoys about each of these programs. Here’s what Clayton had to say:

South Florida – I love the play style they play over there and I like how they would use me in their program.

Florida International – I love how they will let me play and use my guard skills.

Murray State – I like how they give their freshman a lot of minutes throughout the season. They’re good at allowing them to mess up and turn it into a teaching opportunity. I also like their style of play.

Temple – I really like Coach Dunphy and how he can help turn me into a better player.

USC – As far as USC goes, I just really like their fast paced game and I feel like I could fit really well in their half court offense too.

Clayton also informed me that he doesn’t plan on making his final decision until national signing day, which ends on May 15. Clayton has visited both South Florida and Florida International and is unsure if he’ll take anymore visits. His focus seems to be on his upcoming season where he’ll look to lead Evans to a state championship, but he’ll also be forced with making a very tough decision in the next few months.

Will the mid-majors prevail? Or will Clayton pick the glitz and glamor of the Big East or Pac-12 school?

http://allmetrosports.247sports.com/Article/DreKalo-Clayton-Breaks-Down-Final-Five-99496

Interesting that Clayton mentioned he will be deciding on what college he will attend this week.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm just excited that we fall in the "glitz and glamor" category.

I'm just excited that we fall in the "glitz and glamor" category.

Yeah it's pretty nice

Also it looks like Clayton is going to pull another Chris Perry routine of leading on a fellow BE conference school to thinking they can get him just so he can gain more followers on Twitter. Remember how Perry used the Cincy people and gain a bunch of followers for his Twitter page? Well check out Clayton's latest post.

JG â€@JHG722

@KiddClayton24 Are you visiting Temple?

Drekalo Clayton â€@KiddClayton24

@JHG722 yea I think soo, can u have the temple people to follow me

What I said about Perry's recruitment by a fellow BE programs applies here too. I see no way that USF loses a local kid, that they want and the kid loves, to another BE program. The only way I see Clayton not becoming a Bull is that the staff decides they don't want both he and Henry together. They will have to be assured that Henry will sign with them and just call it quits for the 2013 class. That's the only scenario I can think of with Clayton actually choosing Coach Dunphy at Temple over Coach Heath at South Florida.

Yeah at the end Perry actually chose USF over a strong effort from Danny Manning at Tulsa and fellow local school UCF. Cincy was a very distant 4th.

Looking like Clayton is going to announce his college choice this coming Wednesday on the 14th which is also the 1st day of National Signing Day.

If he doesn't visit anybody this weekend, I don't see how he signs with anyone other then USF. We'll see.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

USF picks up big commitment from Orlando Evans forward Dre Clayton (6-6, 245), who will sign with Bulls Wednesday, coach Chucky Atkins says.

— Greg Auman (@gregauman)

November 13, 2012

Following
aumanmug_normal.jpg

USF picks up big commitment from Orlando Evans forward Dre Clayton (6-6, 245), who will sign with Bulls Wednesday, coach Chucky Atkins says.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055

Go chuckyyyyyyy

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

Awesome great get... Welcome to the USF family Dre'Kalo

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

It was great seeing Chucky, BB, Altron, Scott Johnson and the rest of the basketbull alumni at the half of the USF/UCF game. That was the lone brightspot of the evening. Good to see Chucky ushering one of his players to his alma mater.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Has he signed yet?