• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Building Tradition at USF: Anything Being Implemented?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271
  • Days Won:  1

The Green- Gold Chant would work as well as South -Florida.

Also as others have said, butts in seats for the pregame and staying til the end. Many of us on here have gone to away games. Crowd participates in pregame when the band is on the field. Several schools fans did songs at the end of the third quarter.. Stay for the Alma MAter at the endo of the game and Learn the words to the fight song. its not that hard.

Sometimes it is when the police are there telling everyone to get out.

^^^ This... last season I tried staying for the alma mater each game and each game a cop came down and told us its time to leave... when we did not listen they got very testy. They were not just telling my group but everyone.

USF should do something about this crap... fans should be allowed to hang around for a while after the end of the game vs. being rushed out like, well a bunch of livestock

Just one more advantage of an OCS.

And I don't recall the green rags/scarves/bandanas at the WVU game. That was the best game of football I may ever attend in my life.

A traditions brain washing camp/orientation for freshman would help build school school spirit and pride imo.

They had one this year, actually. It's called Camp U.

http://www.newstudent.usf.edu/index.php/first-year/campu

And as for being kicked out of the student section as the games ended, I've never had that problem. I've sat around and waited for the alma mater a few times and no one ever said a thing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

you can see the bandannas at 2:18

That video still gives me chills.... Best game ever.

Two thoughts on this game:

1. FULL stadium

2. Wally Burnham

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

On an aside.... it cracks me up that UNCC is building a OCS for their football team that hasn't even taken the field yet when BOA is closer to their campus than RJS is to USF. And anyone pipes in about it only being a 15,000 seat stadium It's already slated to be added to up to 40,000 when they move into CUSA in 2015. The design is very similar to TCU's newly renovated stadium.

Unless something has changed in two months, it can be expanded but it's not slated to be yet:

Athletics director Judy Rose said she wants to wait and see what kind of attendance the 49ers have in 2013 before deciding on whether to expand, and by how much.

“My recommendation is to hold off and wait,†Rose said. “I don’t want to add seats unnecessarily. Obviously I hope there’s a huge demand.â€

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

Part of their agreement to move to CUSA was the stadium expansion... Just as Villanova would have had to have a stadium of a certain size to enter the Big East. The blueprints are already drawn as they were actually phase 2 of the original design for the stadium. They can implement as soon as they need to.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Good times that night.... Still remember a burning couch on the way out of the lot

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

If we really want to build a tradition, I recommend we book The Parkersburg Art Center. Sounds like a really great place to have a victory celebration. I'll give those hillbillies one thing, they sure don't hold back.

greatest_sorority_party_ever_4c07cb2e0d5fc.jpg

greatest_sorority_party_ever_4c07cb2e2fca2.jpg

Food Fight!!!!!!!!

And think about it. This was a Sorority, God forbid what would have happened if a Fraternity had hosted the event. :FIREdevil: I especially like the couple under the banquet table. Were they thinking no one would see em, or were they just trying to escape the rain of "spilled food, liquor and vomit"?

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

On an aside.... it cracks me up that UNCC is building a OCS for their football team that hasn't even taken the field yet when BOA is closer to their campus than RJS is to USF. And anyone pipes in about it only being a 15,000 seat stadium It's already slated to be added to up to 40,000 when they move into CUSA in 2015. The design is very similar to TCU's newly renovated stadium.

Unless something has changed in two months, it can be expanded but it's not slated to be yet:

Athletics director Judy Rose said she wants to wait and see what kind of attendance the 49ers have in 2013 before deciding on whether to expand, and by how much.

“My recommendation is to hold off and wait,†Rose said. “I don’t want to add seats unnecessarily. Obviously I hope there’s a huge demand.â€

Part of their agreement to move to CUSA was the stadium expansion... Just as Villanova would have had to have a stadium of a certain size to enter the Big East. The blueprints are already drawn as they were actually phase 2 of the original design for the stadium. They can implement as soon as they need to.

Then it looks like nobody filled in their AD on the particulars of that agreement ...

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Then it looks like nobody filled in their AD on the particulars of that agreement ...

Yeah... because Presidents and AD's are always completely forth coming to the press. :roflmao:

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

My understanding of The plan was to add temp bleachers until actual expansion takes place. So both could be right.

Edited by Joe

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

you can see the bandannas at 2:18

That video still gives me chills.... Best game ever.

Note. You do not see a red seat one, even in the overhead shots. When RayJay is full she's beautiful. The memories of that game still give me chills. Winning fills stadiums, not their location.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

at fan fest someone in student bulls club gave me a paper that says they are going to produce "rocky rags"

similiar to the terrible towel i guess

says to order here for $7.95 : http://connecxm.com/rockyrag/

a start i guess