• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Outsourced two consultants to Negotiate TV deal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

How anybody could think that the Big East conference has the in house ability to successfully negotiate a major TV deal in this day and age, must not be remotely aware of the history of this monstrosity.

Let the experts who have successfully done this before handle it. Whatever it costs the Big East, it wil be more than worth the price.

Mama Bull I respectively beg to differ on this issue and believe that we do have the in house resources to negotiate a major TV deal... its called leaning on your experts... the SEC does it, the Big12 does, the B1G does it, the ACC does it... but somehow we can't? We have tons of untapped resources that are just sitting on the shelves getting dusty and fat off of hefty pay checks.

Minus UCF, the Big East has what 16-17 world class Colleges of Business... this is all the resources we need. After all who trained and educated the consultants... they don't grow them in fields somewhere.

By going out and hiring a consultant firm says to me that every school of business of each Big East member school is inferior to a boiler room styled consultant firm.

There is NOTHING to suggest, based on past history, that the Big East would do the best job, if they tried to do this on their own. I give them credit for realizing that. We don't need to keep repeating the same mistakes.

Yes but doesn't the Big East bring in consultants or outside aides for everything they negotiate? Wasn't the last failed TV contract attempt partially negotiated by the ex NFL commish who was on payroll as a consultant of sorts?

The ex NFL commish was NOT on the Big East payroll.

I'm not in favor of hiring consultants just to shirk personal responsibility. But, THESE particular consultants have a recent proven track record by negotiating a great Pac 12 deal. They have the requisite expertise for this particular job. Anyway, whatever they recommend would still need the final approval of the Big East.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

How anybody could think that the Big East conference has the in house ability to successfully negotiate a major TV deal in this day and age, must not be remotely aware of the history of this monstrosity.

Let the experts who have successfully done this before handle it. Whatever it costs the Big East, it wil be more than worth the price.

Mama Bull I respectively beg to differ on this issue and believe that we do have the in house resources to negotiate a major TV deal... its called leaning on your experts... the SEC does it, the Big12 does, the B1G does it, the ACC does it... but somehow we can't? We have tons of untapped resources that are just sitting on the shelves getting dusty and fat off of hefty pay checks.

Minus UCF, the Big East has what 16-17 world class Colleges of Business... this is all the resources we need. After all who trained and educated the consultants... they don't grow them in fields somewhere.

By going out and hiring a consultant firm says to me that every school of business of each Big East member school is inferior to a boiler room styled consultant firm.

There is NOTHING to suggest, based on past history, that the Big East would do the best job, if they tried to do this on their own. I give them credit for realizing that. We don't need to keep repeating the same mistakes.

Yes but doesn't the Big East bring in consultants or outside aides for everything they negotiate? Wasn't the last failed TV contract attempt partially negotiated by the ex NFL commish who was on payroll as a consultant of sorts?

I'm not in favor of hiring consultants just to shirk personal responsibility. But, THESE particular consultants have a recent proven track record by negotiating a great Pac 12 deal. They have the requisite expertise for this particular job. Anyway, whatever they recommend would still need the final approval of the Big East.

Well I hope that they can get us a good deal, don't get me wrong... Mo money, mo money... my main issue is about how the Big East which is made up of some world class schools has to get help to do something that they should not need help to do. I see it as a waste of $$ due to laziness on the part of the Big East Board and a under utilization of the Big Easts sparse financial resources.

For example if I went into my bosses office and told him that we should hire out a consultant to do my job for me because I can't do it then I would get fired. However I guess when you get to a certain level of employment common sense is tossed out the window.

Oh well we all will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Well I hope that they can get us a good deal, don't get me wrong... Mo money, mo money... my main issue is about how the Big East which is made up of some world class schools has to get help to do something that they should not need help to do. I see it as a waste of $$ due to laziness on the part of the Big East Board and a under utilization of the Big Easts sparse financial resources.

For example if I went into my bosses office and told him that we should hire out a consultant to do my job for me because I can't do it then I would get fired. However I guess when you get to a certain level of employment common sense is tossed out the window.

Oh well we all will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Even in house legal counsel, knows enough to hire outside expert lawyers to do a particular job. Sometimes, it's more important to know WHO to hire, than doing it yourself.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

#makethatmoney

When has the Big East ever been good at that. Better find someone who is an expert.

This is the smartest thing the BEast has done since they invited USF

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

This has become entertaining.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

#makethatmoney

When has the Big East ever been good at that. Better find someone who is an expert.

This is the smartest thing the BEast has done since they invited USF

Agreed!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

:popcorn:

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I did mention it would be comical to let it go on and I was not disappointed.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I did mention it would be comical to let it go on and I was not disappointed.

Watch this.

Anyone making 6 figures who hires anyone to do anything is a rube and a fool. Go.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Says to me something else about the Big East is inferior and they need uber salesmen to get the best deal possible ...