• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grayson Allen, SG, Providence School, Jax, FL (2014)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,557
  • Days Won:  423

The sad thing is that USF was a strong leader for Grayson Allen until he got see USF play this season. Heath's promise of a faster style never materialize, thus causing Allen to start looking around. Grayson suppose to narrow down his list this month so we'll see what the outlook of USF is then.

LOL ....Please stop the ********, Vega. We were a leader when the only offers he had were us, North Florida and Georgia Southern ... We were a leader before our conference lost most of its' basketball identity ... and all those will also probably play a role in his decision.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

The sad thing is that USF was a strong leader for Grayson Allen until he got see USF play this season. Heath's promise of a faster style never materialize, thus causing Allen to start looking around. Grayson suppose to narrow down his list this month so we'll see what the outlook of USF is then.

LOL ....Please stop the ********, Vega. We were a leader when the only offers he had were us, North Florida and Georgia Southern ... We were a leader before our conference lost most of its' basketball identity ... and all those will also probably play a role in his decision.

After he AAU season was over, basically after the summer USF was still the known leader for Allen. Florida, Florida State, Wichita State, Cincinnati, Illinois, N.C. State, Miami, USF, Texas, Purdue, Virginia Tech, and Tennessee were is offers at the time. Duke, Stanford, UNC, Gonzaga, Kansas, and Indiana were showing strong interest. Of course he has offers from them now as well as a bunch more. He's reportedly up to 38 scholarship offers.

Also I wanted to address this fear about losing the Big East  having a negative effect on recruiting. Trips I'm a firm believer that having the Big East helped with the out of state recruiting more then the in state guys. Since all this conference shuffling took place I have notice a drop in interest from some of the major out of state targets. It might be just coincidence, USF also had a disappointing season that might have had an effect of the out of state targets losing interest.

On ther hand USF is really doing well with the in state prospects. I remember coming on here a couple seasons ago complaining about why USF doesn't put more of an effort with local and regional recruiting. Despite losing the BE and having a down year, recruiting is currently looking strong for the 2014-2016 classes. Guys are still excited about having an offer from USF. Right now a key is getting Demetrius Henry. Land him and dominoes might start the fall in place.

Edited by Vega

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Grayson Allen's recruitment is over already! He's going to be a Duke Blue Devil

Edited by Vega

Grayson Allen's recruitment is over already! He's going to be a Duke Blue Devil

Shocking ....

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Da Devil made him do it!

• 1 year later...

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

So close but so far! sigh....

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I thought that name sounded familiar last night - he really reminded me of a roundball version of Matt Grothe. Wish we coulda held on to him.

I thought that name sounded familiar last night - he really reminded me of a roundball version of Matt Grothe. Wish we coulda held on to him.

If COA can hold on to a recruit that Duke comes after, that will be a "great recruiter" defining moment ...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

This is an example of where the, "one and done" is hurting the lesser known schools.  We can't even sell early playing time.  I wish the NBA would go to the MLB way of drafting.  If you're good enough to make it to the NBA as a HS grad, then great!  If not, and you sign with a college for 3 years.