• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are we feeling good at RB?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

There was a little more, but my camera memory ran out.

Edited by swamprat

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Nice vid

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I'm hoping that another JUCO Player named "Pierre" has as much success here as that other guy with the same last name.

http://articles.orla...-michael-pierre

i dont have high hopes for pierre... at all...

Perhaps, you didn't see this recently.

555924_4377665044498_228032247_n.jpg

-- Running back Mike Pierre started classes at the start of summer, six weeks before the fall newcomers, and Fitch has liked the initial impressions he's made. "When he came in, he wasn't quite in as good a shape, which they never are, but he fought through it, caught up with our guys," Fitch said. "With the summer, it's more about the players, their chemistry and their attitude. After two weeks of Mike being here, Sam Barrington of all people walked up to me and said 'I really like that guy. I think he's going to be a good player for us.' Like anything, your peers know about you more than anything we do. That's interesting to hear that a linebacker comes up and says something about a running back."

-- This could just be Fitch motivating backups to work harder, but he mentioned that several Bulls who have played as true freshmen have redshirts available -- if Floyd were the top backup, Eveld could take a redshirt; he also mentioned running backs Marcus Shaw, Pierre and even Lindsey Lamar if they weren't in line for significant playing time. "If you're going to get 10 plays a game, why waste a year?" Fitch asked. He didn't mention tight end Tye Turner, but he's another candidate.

http://www.tampabay....y-every-game-12

i saw that... i still don't have high expectations

yeah, all those football people. They are so "out to lunch" They pay so much attention to stats and performance as opposed to "i still don't have high expectations". Pretty sure that's not gonna be the final arbitrator.

What are your expectations for Pierre this season?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

FCSH's last sentence on the vid was the dreaded "....by committee".

HWGA

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

You know, it was good to hear CSH talk about Shaw. I always thought Shaw had huge upside and displayed flashes of brilliance. It's good to heqar the staff hasn't left him behind.Would love to see him have a huge summer Camp and make this a real compettion. Haven't heard much about Willie Davis, but i am anxious to watch him workout in Vero.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

It's not that I don't think Pierre will be a good player for us... I just don't have high expectations for him... Will he be a part of the rotation? Probably... But I'd like to see more Lamar/Shaw

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

FCSH's last sentence on the vid was the dreaded "....by committee".

HWGA

I don't care as long as they run and run a lot with different styles that keeps the other team off balance. 5 players running doing 300 to 400 would be ideal to me with no fumbles.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

The Scout article on Pierre when he was signed says he is a replacement for Scott at 4.4.speed, 205 lbs.

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

We need to kick butt at RB this year, it should be the part of our game that stands out. IMHO

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

USF will use three to four running backs this year and there will be a good level of competition between the Summer and Fall for the three and four spots. With the use of more running backs I also expect USF to use more two back sets with a higher likelihood to check down to the RBs similar to the Spring game.

Since USF will lose Murray, Lamar and Battles at the end of the year the coaches will need to make sure Shaw and Davis get more game time experience. Davis especially needs game time experience since he largely contributed on the scout team last year. Based on high school tape I believe Davis and be a break out player going into next season based on size and speed.

It is hard to place where Pierre will end up since he is new to the overall system since he did not participate in the spring game and is learning the offense.

1. Demetrius Murray (R. Sr) 6'0 224

2. Lindsey Lamar (Sr) 5'9

3. Marcus Shaw (Jr) 5'9 191

4. Bradley Battles (Sr) 5'9 206

5. Willie Davis (R Fr) 5'9 203

6. Michael Pierre (Jr) 5'11 200 (JUCO Transfer)

Edited by Blackice12