• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Visited our new Big East brother SMU.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  508
  • Days Won:  1

I had the chance to visit SMU this past weekend and I will tell you that I am very happy with them joining the Big East. Their campus is great and the George W. Bush Institute is almost completed. My GF's family live's in Highland Park which is four blocks away from the campus, so I was able to check out the stadium and campus.

Let's all face it, we much rather visit Dallas than Pitt or Cuse.

Can't wait to see my Bulls play in Dallas!

• Topic Count:  169
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

I was floored when I saw the espn 30 for 30 on smu...I was born in 86 and I didn't start following college football until I came to usf....I had no idea what that program had been through...I can only imagine what it must of been like for the players, coaches, fans, etc.

Edited by IHuckItDeep

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I love the houses around smu.... As you drive by the campus and past the stadium, there is a row of houses going out towards Loce field that are all unique

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

They will be a good team in basketball if Larry Brown sticks there long enough

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114

I think SMU and potentially Houston could bring more to the table being from Texas. Should be interesting

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

SMU was a monster. If they did what they did today, they would have gotten a wrist slap.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653

Hopefully they can get back to a higher level of football doing it the right way.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I was floored when I saw the espn 30 for 30 on smu...I was born in 86 and I didn't start following college football until I came to usf....I had no idea what that program had been through...I can only imagine what it must of been like for the players, coaches, fans, etc.

Their team was beast. Also a fun team to watch, even though they dominated on the ground. Rather shocking when they received the death penalty.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I believe that SMU has the chance to play at an extremely high level. It will be interesting to see what June Jones can do with after a couple of years of being able to recruit a higher caliber of recruit than he ever has.

With the recruiting base they can pull from and the tradition they have, in my opinion they have the biggest upside of any of the new teams. It will take a few years, but I expect them to be at the top of the league consistently in a few years.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

SMU is coming along. I was able to attend the SMU/UCF in Dallas last year and the OP is correct, their campus is gorgeous and they have a top notch stadium, as well. It's very small (30k max) but well made and I think it's built for expansion. Their fans are all I worry about, though. They had a good team and were just coming off a huge win over TCU, the week prior and this was a rematch of the conference championship the year before. It was a gorgeous sunny 80 degree day and they barely had 12-15k there. I hope the new conference will help, but it didn't seem like many people even knew what conference they were in now. I think they only really get up for other Texas schools. Especially the old SWC schools...we'll see, though.