• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Eric Mayes, DE, Booker HS, Sarasota, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, thanks! I figured that was what they were talking about but I didn't know you could take that after you graduated from high school? If that's the case I wonder why other players don't do that instead of going the JUCO route when they can't get the qualifying SAT/ACT scores?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Ok, thanks! I figured that was what they were talking about but I didn't know you could take that after you graduated from high school? If that's the case I wonder why other players don't do that instead of going the JUCO route when they can't get the qualifying SAT/ACT scores?

Because some kids can't pass even if they take it 20 times.  But an AA degree from a Florida public Juco will get you into a Florida public university regardless of test scores.  

On a side note, an AA degree from other select Juco's will also get you in, but it's a case by case basis.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Under Leavitt we sent the non-qualifiers to Pearl River Community College to get their AA and then tranferred them in. I guess that died when he was canned.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

He had a few connections in Kansas as well, if I remember correctly.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Under Leavitt we sent the non-qualifiers to Pearl River Community College to get their AA and then tranferred them in. I guess that died when he was canned.

Yep.  That was a Leavitt connection.  Taggart probably has a different connection.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Yep.  That was a Leavitt connection.  Taggart probably has a different connection.

What was the school that got in trouble?

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Because some kids can't pass even if they take it 20 times.  But an AA degree from a Florida public Juco will get you into a Florida public university regardless of test scores.  

On a side note, an AA degree from other select Juco's will also get you in, but it's a case by case basis.

You need to take it to get into JUCO too.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

You need to take it to get into JUCO too.

But the required score is much lower.

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Well now that  that  3 month old news is recycled, we return to our regularly scheduled program. welcome aboard again, Eric

As an early enrollee, Eric won't count against 2014 class limits

Edited by TiredofIdiots Bull