• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Glad to see you back CK!

I've been waiting for your unbiased professional opinion in regards to our recruits. When you get a chance I'd love to hear what you think about some of the kids we just signed. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as CWT and Co. have an eye for talent IMO. 

I agree about everyone writing him off already.

As for his personal life, I'm not very familiar with it but I still think he is nowhere near some of the other problem players/recruits we have all seen/heard of over the years, Willie Williams!! 

I think you have the right of it. Considering the history of USF's program and how the program managed to grow to where it is now in the first place, the fact that everyone's holding their nose on Chase Litton is kind of entertaining.

What I think is the biggest shame is that from the look of his senior year highlights, he did exactly what I was hoping he would do. He worked on his athleticism and ball handling skills, putting those basketball skills to work on the football field and the results have been stellar. He's got top level passing skills, good mechanics, alright accuracy, a huge frame, and now he's out there outrunning and out-juking defenders left and right with the basketball skills I could always recognize in his basketball tapes but had yet to see put to work in his football tapes.

Whatever the heck went wrong between the USF coaches and him, it's just a big shame. I mean it when I say he has a good family. And I think that's the predictor of his growth and maturity as a person. Kids can be pretty immature in high school but if they come from good backgrounds and families they tend to snap into place rather than spiral out of control. I'm not trying to discriminate against self-made kids with tough backgrounds. I'm just recognizing a few facts of life.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

Agree 100% CK.

That's why I think how he responded to the situation is proof that he realized he made some mistakes and wanted to show how he matured since his inappropriate behavior. The kid was 17 yrs old and made some stupid comments on a social media platform before thinking about how it may be perceived. Which was evident by him texting his apologies instead of contacting the coach directly to clear the air, which is an obvious sign of immaturity although he had good intentions.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I think everyone's just sh-tting on the kid because he de-committed.

He's got a good background, good family, and he at the very least knows how to put on a good face. I'm sure he's made mistakes but he is actually an underage child I would remind people. He remains to this day a pretty **** good prospect.

Good background? He's a teenage felon.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I think everyone's just sh-tting on the kid because he de-committed.

He's got a good background, good family, and he at the very least knows how to put on a good face. I'm sure he's made mistakes but he is actually an underage child I would remind people. He remains to this day a pretty **** good prospect.

Good background? He's a teenage felon.

:facepalm:

Capone you and CK are on the right track, I was CL's staunchest critic last summer when he was all full of himself and acting out. It would have been a huge mistake to let him back into the program with the attitude that he was displaying then. That said, I am a fervent supporter for giving kids the opportunity to right what they have made wrong.I think CL has come a long way back down that path. Do I think he's a finished product? No. But, I have faith that if CWT wanted to take on that challenge it would be because he thought he would succeed.

And just to correct the record CL is not a "teenage felon". He took a deal on a lesser more reasonable charge and plead guilty. His record will be expunged for the petty theft he participated in when he turns 18.

All that being said, I am not sure Willie needs the distraction of CL in his program right now. If the program was further developed I would say Have at it.But if he thinks he can pull it off, it's his neck.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Content Count:  957

Right now I think what CWT needs is a quarterback that can get the football into the hands of his playmakers. That's the biggest threat to CWT's reign in Tampa right now. We saw that spring to life in 2013 when the team couldn't even win as many games as Holtz did in 2012.

And no I absolutely do not see Mike White as the answer. He had some nice-looking moments from a mile high view in his first game, but when I really took a much closer look, that is when I realized some of that success was a bit on the lucky side. The rest of his time in at quarterback showed the right of those conclusions.

Like I said, Quinton Flowers is ideally three years away from seeing the field.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Only reason this guy is keeping his mouth shut is that he believes his words get twisted - yet another abdication of his responsibility in controlling his path.

With that said, if he were such a good prospect he wouldn't have been passed on by every legit school and now speeding toward JUCO... that should speak volumes.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761

i'm still wonder where he goes. I mean it has to be telling that no other schools offered him a scholly right? at least not that we know about

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Bottom line to me is that if he somehow becomes a Bull, it means CWT and staff have put their stamp of approval on where his head's at, even if it's a probational stamp, and have to trust their judgment.

• Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

Just saw where he was heading to a prep school.  Grades an issue as well?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Just saw where he was heading to a prep school.  Grades an issue as well?

Link?