• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

****Head McMurphy at it again.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Clearly BMM over stepped his boundaries.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I really don't see anything wrong with this article. He shouldn't be destructive for no reason, but in this case he is just reporting a possibility that does exist.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Sounds like Boise is in a tough place right now. Obviously we all hope this is sorted out and they join the BE.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Yeah, stretch for me as well...

No question that the BE blows....

Blow this mutha up and merge it with the ACC before we get further contaminated by UcF

Why would the ACC want to do this? They can pick off Louisville, Rutgers, and UConn.

Yeah, stretch for me as well...

No question that the BE blows....

Blow this mutha up and merge it with the ACC before we get further contaminated by UcF

Why would the ACC want to do this? They can pick off Louisville, Rutgers, and UConn.

The reason that UL, Rut and UConn are still in the BE is that NOBODY WANTS THEM. They have done everything but put a CL ad under Team Seeking Conference. Where are they? In the BE. Personally I say let em go., if they leave we can dump the BB schools as well, rebuild this thing with teams that want to be in it. What would it do to our reputation if they left? Probably improve it. Get the stupid BB, NE centric attitude out of the conference and rebuild it with teams that want to create FB legacies , which is obviously what the networks want. Might take a few years, but what were we doing anyway, waiting for the sky to fall. We go after Air Force, maybe ECU who is dying to get in. Wait for the next new hot chick FB team that arises from the mush. I mean 5 years ago, who would have wanted BSU? Now they are the only reason we might get proceeds from the playoffs. Let the ACC choke on legacy. UConn, Rutgers haven't won anything in FB in so long I can't remember and they aren't getting any better. And UL isn't gonna land Blue Chip recruits while in the ACC after FSU leaves. I say let em choke on em.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I don't care much about Rutgers. But UConn obviously has a huge basketball tradition which is still worth something, and Louisville has a pretty strong overall program.

Sounds like Boise is in a tough place right now. Obviously we all hope this is sorted out and they join the BE.

Boise can exit the MWC and pay their exit fee. It won't be effective until end of Spring Sports of 2013. And then they can negotiate, What do you want to bet, the MWC takes the OS back after they realize Boise FB is gone anyway. It's either that or they go the route of the WAC. There application for a AQ exemption is dead and they are left trying to pick up pieces of there conference. Boise is holding all the cards, despite BMM's ridiculous suppositions. i mean the MWC has lost TCU, BSU SDSU and is on the brink of losing AFA. That's the 4 best of there 8 members.They have UNLV, WYO,CSU and New Mexico left. And you really believe they are in position to play hardball with BSU, like BMM intimates?Puhleeze. This is a non-story with one purpose, to try to create panic (even more panic) in the BE.
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I'm not saying anyone trying to play hardball with Boise. I'm saying it sounds like Boise is having a hard time finding a place for their other sports. Maybe they're not but if they aren't then where are their other sports going to play?

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Boise can exit the MWC and pay their exit fee. It won't be effective until end of Spring Sports of 2013. And then they can negotiate, What do you want to bet, the MWC takes the OS back after they realize Boise FB is gone anyway. It's either that or they go the route of the WAC. There application for a AQ exemption is dead and they are left trying to pick up pieces of there conference. Boise is holding all the cards, despite BMM's ridiculous suppositions. i mean the MWC has lost TCU, BSU SDSU and is on the brink of losing AFA. That's the 4 best of there 8 members.They have UNLV, WYO,CSU and New Mexico left. And you really believe they are in position to play hardball with BSU, like BMM intimates?Puhleeze. This is a non-story with one purpose, to try to create panic (even more panic) in the BE.

Bill, that's a really good analysis - only thing I'm not sure I agree on is the motive behind the article. I would imagine *speculation* that the powers that be in the BE right now are talking constantly with Boise officials and are well aware of the timeline and costs BSU will incur if they wait 9 more days to pull the trigger. I think it's a pretty informative article, especially a good reminder for those that thought Boise State was signed on the dotted line, sealed and delivered already, when it turns out they really aren't just yet.

Not every BMM article has ulterior motives.

Bill, that's a really good analysis - only thing I'm not sure I agree on is the motive behind the article. I would imagine *speculation* that the powers that be in the BE right now are talking constantly with Boise officials and are well aware of the timeline and costs BSU will incur if they wait 9 more days to pull the trigger. I think it's a pretty informative article, especially a good reminder for those that thought Boise State was signed on the dotted line, sealed and delivered already, when it turns out they really aren't just yet.

Not every BMM article has ulterior motives.

Thank you. What kind of makes me suspicious of the motive is the timing. Granted it comes shortly before the deadline, but I read virtually everything everything BMM writes and their almost always seems to be an underlying motive, supported by his notorious "inside Industry sources" even when their isn't a "industry" involved. I am sure that BSU is fighting with this issue, largely because of the destruction in not only the WAC but the MWC as I pointed out previously. If they walk from the BE deal, they pay $5MM with no hope of having assistance from anywhere for what is virtually still a small school. They are using the deadline to try to place the OS, but no way they stay in the MWC. If they stay there, there are in a far worse place than having to place their OS in 12 months. No story, really.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

With the playoffs, why would any school want to join the Big East? Especially one on the other side of the country. Especially with no TV deal.