• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now That The NBE Is Shutout Of The NCG...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Houston was awful when Keenum went down in 2010. Now they just lost their coach. They literally played no one last year.

Comparing those schools to a Cuse team that played Wake Forest and USC along with a BE schedule or a Pitt team that played Notre Dame, Iowa, and Utah plus a BE schedule is absurd.

pitt just lost their coach and their qb as well. happens all the time in college football. take meyer and tebow off UF and they don't win MNCs. you can play hypothetical all you want. doesn't change the fact syracuse has been pitiful and pitt has been mediocre since we joined the BE. they will not be difficult to replace when it comes to football.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

Will people quite saying the NBE is better than the old. It's not...this whole situation sucks.

Over the last several years, the NBE teams have been at least as good on the field. There are less traditional "prestige" schools. That is why we want the system to be based on on the field performance rather than names. If it is based on the field performance, we have a fighting chance.

It's easy when you're playing the Rices and UTEPs of the world. Look at SMU, UCF, Temple, and Houston (w/o Keenum) have done

against quality opponents. Your answer is there.

Listen we're in a MUCH better position than everyone else below us. It's the 5, then us, then the 4.

Qqluandlagainst quality opponents

UCF beat Georgia in a bowl game last year, and Houston upset Penn State in this year's Ticket City Bowl.

That Georgia team finished 6-7, and Penn State wasn't very good and had just been through the worst scandal in college history.

Excuses, excuses. Don't be such a Debbie Downer!

Georgia was competitive and played a tough SEC schedule. A ranked, 9 win Penn State isn't bad either. Or is the increased competition of the Big 10 conveniently not important anymore?

I know our situation is not how we would quite like it. But, I would rather make the best of it than prematurely complain about qualified additions to the AQ club. As things stand now, it will be all right.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Houston was awful when Keenum went down in 2010. Now they just lost their coach. They literally played no one last year.

Comparing those schools to a Cuse team that played Wake Forest and USC along with a BE schedule or a Pitt team that played Notre Dame, Iowa, and Utah plus a BE schedule is absurd.

I didn't compare their records. I compared their sagarin's rankings and i believe he takes strength of schedule into account.

BTW all the games you mention were losses except against 6-6 wake forest. I'm sorry but saying you lost to a quality team doesn't prove you are a quality team.

syracuse(5-7) had a #55 schedule according to sagarin's. marshall (7-6) had a #56. I'd say syracuse would be expected to finish somewhere around marshall at 6th. pitt (6-7)had a #48 rated schedule while Tulsa(8-5) had a #45. I'd say they would finish a little below tulsa which was #3.

Blindly relying on the Sagarin ratings is tough. Just look at the schedules. Tell me which one you think is easier.

Besides 12 months ago if some suggested 6 CUSA teams were better than Pitt on this board there would have been a riot.

Too many people are wearing their green and gold glasses when it comes to the NBE.

I didn't compare their records. I compared their sagarin's rankings and i believe he takes strength of schedule into account.

BTW all the games you mention were losses except against 6-6 wake forest. I'm sorry but saying you lost to a quality team doesn't prove you are a quality team.

syracuse(5-7) had a #55 schedule according to sagarin's. marshall (7-6) had a #56. I'd say syracuse would be expected to finish somewhere around marshall at 6th. pitt (6-7)had a #48 rated schedule while Tulsa(8-5) had a #45. I'd say they would finish a little below tulsa which was #3.

Blindly relying on the Sagarin ratings is tough. Just look at the schedules. Tell me which one you think is easier.

Besides 12 months ago if some suggested 6 CUSA teams were better than Pitt on this board there would have been a riot.

Too many people are wearing their green and gold glasses when it comes to the NBE.

kansas(2-10) had the #1 schedule last year according to sagarin's. does that mean they were better than Houston? why does losing to quality teams mean you are a quality team?

I'm not blindly relying on anything. he takes strength of schedule into account. why don't you get that? I understand they played easier schedules but that is accounted for. is boise state worse than say indiana? didn't they play an easier schedule?

again I didn't say 6 c-usa teams were better than pitt. I said i thought pitt would finish near tulsa at 3rd. tulsa lost to oklahoma, oklahoma state and boise state. don't those losses compare to utah, iowa, and ND? I don't understand your fascination with using losses as a gauge of a teams quality anyway but there you go.

syracuse has been god awful since we came into the BE. they are no better than a middle of the road c-usa team. most years they finished last in the BE. i said I thought they would finish around 6th. just because they lost to USC doesn't mean they are top of the conference in c-usa. saying a bottom dwellar of a better league would finish first in a lesser league is dumb,IMO. it's like saying kansas or indiana would win the BE last year just because they played a tougher schedule. it makes no sense.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

I forgot to mention, Penn State's scandal had nothing to do with the talent of the team. I am not aware of any players leaving last year, and this year's class of commits who de-committed do not count.

Will people quite saying the NBE is better than the old. It's not...this whole situation sucks.

Over the last several years, the NBE teams have been at least as good on the field. There are less traditional "prestige" schools. That is why we want the system to be based on on the field performance rather than names. If it is based on the field performance, we have a fighting chance.

It's easy when you're playing the Rices and UTEPs of the world. Look at SMU, UCF, Temple, and Houston (w/o Keenum) have done

against quality opponents. Your answer is there.

Listen we're in a MUCH better position than everyone else below us. It's the 5, then us, then the 4.

Qqluandlagainst quality opponents

UCF beat Georgia in a bowl game last year, and Houston upset Penn State in this year's Ticket City Bowl.

That Georgia team finished 6-7, and Penn State wasn't very good and had just been through the worst scandal in college history.

Georgia was competitive and played a tough SEC schedule. A ranked, 9 win Penn State isn't bad either. Or is the increased competition of the Big 10 conveniently not important anymore?

I know our situation is not how we would quite like it. But, I would rather make the best of it than prematurely complain about qualified additions to the AQ club. As things stand now, it will be all right.

there are just glass half full people and glass half empty people.

I think this is a step in the right direction. better chance at MNC with 4 spots as opposed to 2 and honestly i like bringing in fresh teams in conference.

I'm tired of sitting in the blazing noon sun watching us curb stomp syracuse every other year.or watching us curb stomp them up there in their pink uniforms. bring in temple, houston, boise state, etc. new blood.

I will miss WVU football games and syracuse basketball games. other than that, meh.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

OMG. The Sky Has Fallen and consistent BE conference hater Brett McMurphy Has confirmed it. Unfortunately for him, as usual, the facts don't support the conclusion. Quoting Brett is like looking at a broken wind vane to see how hard the wind is blowing in a hurricane. Even the quotes within his article, belie his conclusions. The BE is no worse off than let's say Notre Dame? Maybe that's why they are scrambling toward the B12. They haven't been ranked in 5 years while new NBE member Boise is 5th in the country. If Boise can make it into BCS bowls every year despite coming from some conference out west. Why is the BE doomed. We get a revenue source we have never had. The selection comm. composition will be determined by 12 conferences. All this talk about the Big 4 or 5 is paranoid.If the use the last 5 year ranking model to determine revenue distribution, we will have the biggest windfall we have ever had. Using Brett's numbers, here we go:

Playoff revenue est. between 400-500 MM. I use 500MM in my calculation for easy calculation and an optimistic approach.

Big East 2014 members have 130 ranking pts out of a possible 1635. Percentage of the take according to these assumptions.7.95 per cent , we round to 8.

8 per cent of the $500MM revenues equal $40MM. Divided by let assume 12 BE teams $3.33 MM per team.

This is all completely independent of our new TV deal. Are you aware of what our total payout for TV revenue was last year? $3.3 million dollars per school.The playoff revenue split will be greater than what we have been getting for everything each year. And we are going to instigate a bidding war in the fall for the last remaining CFB programming rights. My prediction here and now is that we get somewhere between 10 and 15 million per team. half of what the B12, SEC and P12 get. Far fetched I think not.

Now to the issue of the "selection committee. We use it for CBB and no one grouses that much. It probably has a tilt toward the Elite team, but not much. This selection committe has to be approved by a majority of 11 conferences and ND. They need 7 votes. If they put together a selection committee that isn't fair, it will fail miserably. The 5 Big conferences, even with ND can't get the votes to pass a bogus selection comm. I was pissed when I first heard about this but, it is growing on me as we speak. Sure, the rich get richer. But they were gonna get richer anyway. We may be barnacles on the Queen Mary but we are barnacles with 5 times more revenues than we had yesterday. After analyzing this, I could give a flying **** what BMM says about the BE. We are rich.They got my vote.

Oh and as to the BE being shut out of the NCG, that just flies in the face of the announcement. The top 4 teams by consensus will go. Means you have to play a tougher OOC schedule if you want to get there. tOSU can't schedule all the OH comm. colleges and expect to get in. It will probably improve the team play and level the playing field without giving guaranteed spots to anyone. I like it. BSU is gonna rock in this format. They won't have to climb over every swinging **** conference champion to get in the 4. We better toughen up if we expect to get to that level. time to put up or :stfu:

The WAC is dead. There are only 10 conferences.

They have a representative at the meetings and a voting share in the Presidential Oversight committee.

That's because they're BCS members. Come 2014 they won't exist. There will be 10 conferences and ND

The vote is next week, Sherlock. Are you thick or what? I was talking about whether there were enough votes to pass the changes to the playoff format, not whether some conference was going to survive in the future, especially a conference which no one gives a flying fox about.

I was confused as to what you were talking about, considering you make 10 arguments at once. Don't get all defensive.

It's passing anyway. All conferences stand to make a lot more money then they are now.

Finally..........whew.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Georgia was competitive and played a tough SEC schedule.

Georgia never showed up for that bowl game against UCF and anyone who watched it knew it. Those kids didn't give two **** about playing that day.

Edited by Southshore26

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I forgot to mention, Penn State's scandal had nothing to do with the talent of the team. I am not aware of any players leaving last year, and this year's class of commits who de-committed do not count.

So you're saying that the scandal at Penn State had no effect on the football team whatsoever, the ouster of their beloved coach notwithstanding?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

Solution:

Win 10 games a year consistantly and be picked up by a better conference.

There is no room for common sense or reason on this sinking ship. Seriously though, winning will cure all of this. Or at least give us something else to complain about when we get snubbed.