• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oracle: "On-campus stadium is next step for football program"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Oh how I wish this would happen tomorrow. Having that OCS would do so much for the university, and fully believe that would help shred the 'commuter' stamp we've been trying to get rid of the past few years.

C'mon Iron Bulls- someone send in the first check.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

its gotta happen people

It will someday. We may be very old and gray by the time it does though.

I read this at a glance; thought it said "old and gay".... I was like woah.. Ray Jay works just fine

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

its gotta happen people

It will someday. We may be very old and gray by the time it does though.

I read this at a glance; thought it said "old and gay".... I was like woah.. Ray Jay works just fine

It's probably because there's a better chance you'll go gay than gray.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Just an FYI - UCiF charges $65.00 to students that want a guaranteed ticket to the football student section.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

I would much rather sit in Ray-Jay than a "frying pan" stadium (ucIf) stadium. I know that the on campus stadium is "necessary" but a Ray-jay type stadium is really nice.

Really, they hold Super Bowls in it. They will never hold a Super Bowl in the "frying pan"......

JMHO,

Ty

Look at all the stadium and facility upgrades that other sports teams at USF have recieved. If and when an OCS happens, there is no doubt in my mind that USF will not throw together an POS stadium (UCF, FIU etc..)

Edited by dznick51

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Just an FYI - UCiF charges $65.00 to students that want a guaranteed ticket to the football student section.

My sister goes to UCF and my parents bought her a ticket. I think she went to two games last year. She said none of her friends really wanted to go.

I will give them this though, their student section for basketball is impressive. Hope ours step up in the Sun Dome this year.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Who wants to tear into this first?

It would be like shooting fish in a barrel ... just looks like someone told him/her to write an op-ed column about an ocs and they did 15-20 minutes of research and threw that together.

Trip I know the author... He's a pretty smart guy.

He is, he took a pro-OCS stance, wrote a vague column about it, and now he'll reap the benefits of site visits and paper reads across campus, and spark debate and discussion. I dunno if the Oracle has advertisements, but that could generate some things...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Who wants to tear into this first?

It would be like shooting fish in a barrel ... just looks like someone told him/her to write an op-ed column about an ocs and they did 15-20 minutes of research and threw that together.

Trip I know the author... He's a pretty smart guy.

I'm sure he is but intelligence really has nothing to do with it. It's like he's oblivious to the changes going on in college football currently. This sums up perfectly how misguided and thrown together the article was:

Any concerns of losing attendance from their local supporters— non-student fans that tend to make up a majority of the home crowd — can be extinguished with one statistic.

In two NCAA matches hosted by the USF men’s soccer team against UCF and New Mexico, the combined attendance was 6,621, including a program record of 3,592 in their Sweet Sixteen match against New Mexico. Fans from around Tampa made up a large part of the crowd thanks to the free admission provided by the Tampa Bay Sports Commission.

Seriously?? National championship playoff matches that were FREE (not sure why he didn't mention the softball super regional that people had to actually pay for) is an indicator of how non-student fans will flock to a frying pan to watch epic battles against SMU and Houston?

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think this conference shuffling, along with the new BCS formula, is going to push an OCS even further into the future.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Not a real good article. Championships have and will be won by schools without an OCS. To say that the only reason USF doesn't have a full, raucous stadium is because the stadium isn't on campus is not an intelligent statement. If USF goes undefeated, the stadium will be full and raucous.

The article is comparing teams that have had winning football programs for 100 years with a program that is fifteen years old. That is the best they can do?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

Is this per game? If it is then thats outrageous. FSU guaranteed students a ticket to every game for $25 to join the student booster club.