• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

Murray gets 700 yards if Fitch doesn't take the ball out of his hands when he gets hot like he did to Scott several times last year, IMO.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

I would like to think Murray will lead the team, but never know. Shaw is talented and would expect something by now, but also interested to see Pierre. Don't think Lamar will get enough carries to lead the team even though he is a playmaker.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I just hope Lamar does not get hurt. I have heard he put on weight but is it enough????

From the photo Pierre looks a lot less than 211 lbs.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

What about Willie Davis? He's a RS frosh who could get some PT.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think we see a pretty deep rotation at RB between Murray, Shaw, and Lamar. RBBC will be in full force due to each of the backs unique talents and what they bring to the offense.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

I think we see a pretty deep rotation at RB between Murray, Shaw, and Lamar. RBBC will be in full force due to each of the backs unique talents and what they bring to the offense.

But does that equate to a predictable offense? ie. Lamar is in - sweep left or right, Shaw - handoff up the middle, etc. Have seen that before with Mike Ford and some others. Would like to see a multi-dimensional guy that can play most downs so we don't tip our hand.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

But does that equate to a predictable offense? ie. Lamar is in - sweep left or right, Shaw - handoff up the middle, etc. Have seen that before with Mike Ford and some others. Would like to see a multi-dimensional guy that can play most downs so we don't tip our hand.

I would love to see the do it all guy that can also be a big play threat but we really don't have that. Murray is a pretty steady guy but not really a big play threat against good competition. Also I don't think the staff would move Lamar back to RB if they didn't plan on utilizing him there. I think all 3 get significant snaps with Murray getting most of the short yardage work. I don't think the staff will hesistate to run Lamar up the middle they just won't do it consistently like 3 plays in a row or anything. Shaw is the kind of back that can handle a workload running the ball outside and inside so I have no worries about him. We have a one cut hard runner, a speedy scat back, and a slasher with enough speed to create some big plays. We don't have that true stand alone back that can do it all and be a big time threat so the staff will have to used them all and pick their spots to show case their talents but they also have to make sure they don't become too predictable and keep the defenses honest with their utilization of all 3.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

I just hope Lamar does not get hurt. I have heard he put on weight but is it enough????

Has Lamar been injured in his time as a Bull? He's been tiny his entire time here and I can't think of any serious injuries.

Has Lamar been injured in his time as a Bull? He's been tiny his entire time here and I can't think of any serious injuries.

I don't think he has been hurt but he been racked pretty hard many times.