• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grade Woolard's job as AD

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

in terms of success/dollars spent I say he's doing a hella great job. Begin bit__ing about $, by a certain poster in...3...2...1

http://www.bizjourna...y-spend-on.html

so one Women's Golf conference title for $43.4M.

you sure do have a different definition of success/dollars spent than I do.

he didn't come out of pocket one flat dime for the facilties. they would have been built with or without him.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

in terms of success/dollars spent I say he's doing a hella great job. Begin bit__ing about $, by a certain poster in...3...2...1

he didn't come out of pocket one flat dime for the facilties. they would have been built with or without him.

Holy crap, BBM!!! Where did you get your crystal ball? I need to go get one of those right now ... :D

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Holy crap, BBM!!! Where did you get your crystal ball? I need to go get one of those right now ... :D

That was truly scary.

The only explanation I ccan think of is that BBM = B94...

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Providing the venue and trying to compete with history rich universities with endowments in the billions for quality coaching staffs you can't pay anywhere near the same salary is one thing. Making sure each coach personally brings into their sport someone who can guarantee a national championship in that sport is something else. First off these kids get offers from those schools that are on TV 24/7, who you see everyone, everywhere wearing their gear. Competing with that usually means you are getting those that don't have the talent to be a starter now or in the near future at those other institutions. I think some of the expectations on here are outlandish for a relatively young university that is not only competing against 150 year old Tier 1 schools regionally for students but against a state school system biased toward UF and FSU.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Providing the venue and trying to compete with history rich universities with endowments in the billions for quality coaching staffs you can't pay anywhere near the same salary is one thing. Making sure each coach personally brings into their sport someone who can guarantee a national championship in that sport is something else. First off these kids get offers from those schools that are on TV 24/7, who you see everyone, everywhere wearing their gear. Competing with that usually means you are getting those that don't have the talent to be a starter now or in the near future at those other institutions. I think some of the expectations on here are outlandish for a relatively young university that is not only competing against 150 year old Tier 1 schools regionally for students but against a state school system biased toward UF and FSU.

nobody said anything about national championships. we won one conference championship this year in women's tennis.

there is no reason why the largest public university in the big east shouldn't be able to compete with mostly small private schools.

tennis, golf, baseball, soccer, track and field. these are outdoor sports where our athletes can train year round while others are buried in snow.

we won women's tennis compared to another public university in a predominantly private conference, UofL, that won regular season titles in softball, baseball and volleyball while winning big east championships in women's swimming,men's basketball, men's tennins, women's track and field, and softball.

nobody said anything about national championships. we won one conference championship this year in women's tennis.

there is no reason why the largest public university in the big east shouldn't be able to compete with mostly small private schools.

tennis, golf, baseball, soccer, track and field. these are outdoor sports where our athletes can train year round while others are buried in snow.

we won women's tennis compared to another public university in a predominantly private conference, UofL, that won regular season titles in softball, baseball and volleyball while winning big east championships in women's swimming,men's basketball, men's tennins, women's track and field, and softball.

Here we go with perception. Guess what. Size and location mean squat in athletics. Having a successful program over a period of time is going to attract a better athlete than climate in most situations. UofL's baseball team has had success for years, their basketball program is legendary. Their volleyball program has a .647 w/l record since 1975 with 16 conference championships. Their softball team has been in the NCAA tournament 7 times in 12 years. Oh and check this out.

Fan Support

Team National Attendance Rank Men's Basketball 3rd [13][14] Women's Field Hockey 7th [15] Men's Soccer 17th [16] Women's basketball 25th [17] Volleyball 30th [18]

So size really isn't much of a help when you are competing with an established top program that has a highly supportive local fan base. Woolard is laying a foundation though, but looking at a school like Louisville and comparing attendance and location, thinking USF should be dominating overlooks the fact that they have been investing and nurturing their programs for much longer and live in a an area where the locals actually come out and support their teams.

And while USF has been around since the 50s, how many decades went by before there was a president in place that truly supported athletics and tried to invest in the various programs to the extent was needed for success on a national level?

Edited by slick1ru2

Here is the current ranking of all athletic programs;s success via the NACDA criteria which looks at just about every sport and gives points to assign ranking. As of the end of winter in April, USF is 101 out of 246 schools. That is out of all level of schools. Schools lower than USF include Washington St, GA Tech, Texas Tech, Miss, Miss St, and USF is just a few spots below Pitt.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nacda/sports/directorscup/auto_pdf/2011-12/misc_non_event/apr26dI.pdf

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Here is the current ranking of all athletic programs;s success via the NACDA criteria which looks at just about every sport and gives points to assign ranking. As of the end of winter in April, USF is 101 out of 246 schools. That is out of all level of schools. Schools lower than USF include Washington St, GA Tech, Texas Tech, Miss, Miss St, and USF is just a few spots below Pitt.

http://grfx.cstv.com...ent/apr26dI.pdf

Wow I can't believe UCF is 69 out of 246. I thought they stunk it up in sports last fall and spring?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

That was truly scary.

The only explanation I ccan think of is that BBM = B94...

Not true at all. :nope:

I'm married to an accountant so I wouldn't ever used the word fungible when it is abundantly clear that it does not apply. I have many personalities, but B94 isn't one of them. I'm not smart enough to pull that off. :D

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

In that case, is bull94 stalking you maybe?