• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dontavia Bogan accused of punching Scottsdale security guard

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

I googled his name to see if he had been signed yet after being released by the Niners and came across this which occurred a month ago. I had not yet heard this. Anyone else....?

A former San Francisco 49ers football player was arrested in Scottsdale on Sunday after he punched a bar security guard in the head, police said.Scottsdale police arrested Dontavia Bogan, 23, around 10 p.m. Sunday at El Hefe Tacos, 4425 N. Saddlebag Trail.The 49ers announced the release of the wide receiver on Friday, one day after Bogan was medically cleared to return to play after recovering from a knee injury.Police were called to El Hefe after calls of a fight.Security guard Correll Thomas told police that Bogan approached the rope line at the bar and attempted to enter the bar. Thomas told Bogan that he would let him in, but not to move the rope line, police said.Bogan argued with the guard and told him he had a table inside and spent thousands of dollars at the bar, according to the police report.The two began arguing and another security guard approached. Bogan took a swing and missed the second security guard, then Bogan took a swing at Thomas and hit him in the head, according to the report.A third security guard helped the other two tackle Bogan to the floor, where they detained him until police arrived, police said.Scottsdale police arrested Bogan, who lives in Scottsdale, for assault, disorderly conduct and threats. He is scheduled to appear in Scottsdale City Court on April 20.Bogan played one season with the 49ers, in 2011. He played college football at South Florida and was an undrafted free agent with San Francisco.On Friday, Bogan announced his release via Twitter: "My days that really never started... has ended today, I have been released by the 49ers Time to show other teams that my knee is ready to go."Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/04/03/20120403scottsdale-nfl-player-Bogan-arrested-bar.html#ixzz1txehY4J0'>http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/04/03/20120403scottsdale-nfl-player-Bogan-arrested-bar.html#ixzz1txehY4J0

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/04/03/20120403scottsdale-nfl-player-Bogan-arrested-bar.html

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

This surprises me, his NFL chances should be over.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

why would he be spending thousands at a bar... hasn't even made a team yet. Niners couldn't cut him because he was hurt...

this sucks for bogan

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Wow. Talk about brain fart.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

How do you spend $1000's at a taco bar?

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Columbian hookers.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

IMO Bogan has made some questionable choices since his drafting... but that's only my opinion. I still like the guy... hope he gets another chance as I think he's got talent.

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

why would he be spending thousands at a bar... hasn't even made a team yet. Niners couldn't cut him because he was hurt...

this sucks for bogan

Teams cut injured players all the time...they " reach an injury settlement"...too bad for him...would like to see him get a shot somewhere

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

takes two for a settlement

also-- with an NFL injury settlement the two parties would agree on a lump sum value that represents the players salary that reflects recovery time. They would have had to pay him nearly the same amount regardless...

injury settlements work better when you have a larger, longer term deal and you wish to cut the player immediately...

Archived