• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF @ Nevada Gametime Set

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

I checked the prices to Sacramento this afternoon. Airfare is $365 vs $505 at this time. Between my GF and myself that would save almost $300 for us. Anyone traveling with a larger group might want to consider that as an option. It's 130 miles to Reno (pretty mountainous if I remember right) Far from perfect, but $500 is a steep price right now, especially after tickets, accommodations etc.

Sacramento to Reno is between 2 and 2.5 hours by car, but it's a nice drive at that time of year.

If you're looking for something else to do, the Great Reno Balloon Race is also happening that week and the Aces (local minor league baseball team) will have their final regular season home game a few days earlier.

Have been to a couple of Aces games. Great ball park and the surrounding area is starting to build up nicely. A friend of a friend is the Pres. of Minor League Baseball and we got to sit in the owner's suite with him. We were there a couple of years ago and they had to delay the game because of HAIL. It was the mother lode of hail storms.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  48
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, we might not be inbreds like WV, but we gots us sum inside jokes. Too bad we don't have WVU to pick on anymore.

Who do Nevadans look down on? Utahns? Idahoans?

Honestly we're not really in a position to look down on anybody...we're pretty much last in everything that matters. But Californians drive us nuts. And Utah is always good for a joke.

From a college perspective our rival is UNLV and they're always fun to make fun of. If you ever encounter somebody from there refer to the school as Nevada Southern University. Nevada and Boise fans usually have some heated discussions which intensified after their kicker choked. But they're your guys problem after this year. Good luck with that btw :P

They're already my problem sadly? Everyone here has blue and orange glasses on... :(

Mad about this game though I have to be the best man at a wedding in Spokane, WA September 8th I was looking forward to catching my first USF game since I moved back out West in '09. I wanted to kill him when he told me what day it was on.. Oh well have at least one game with in flying/driving distance starting next season each year...

That's a bummer. I know USF doesn't come out west very often. Tell your friend to reschedule his wedding. This is important. Assuming BSU and SDSU follow through with their big east plans you'll probably get to a game at least ever other year.

• Content Count:  15

Thank you for all the suggestions! Any recommendations on white water rafting companies in the area?

Funny you mention that, as there's a whitewater park right on the stretch of the Truckee River that passes through downtown (man, I'm really starting to sound like a Chamber of Commerce pitchman now :P). Not sure what the process of acquiring a permit is like, but here are some places listed on the city's web site.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Man, I'm in phase 2 negotiations to go to this.... If I get into the new MBA program I can't, but this trip I think is going to be a lot of fun

• Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Thank you for all the suggestions! Any recommendations on white water rafting companies in the area?

Funny you mention that, as there's a whitewater park right on the stretch of the Truckee River that passes through downtown (man, I'm really starting to sound like a Chamber of Commerce pitchman now :P). Not sure what the process of acquiring a permit is like, but here are some places listed on the city's web site.

Thank you for your time and for all of the info! I have to bait the wife with something in order to make this thing happen.

• Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

We owe you a cold one for all the travel info. Thanks! Now, where in Reno can one find the best IPA in Nevada?

• Content Count:  15

We owe you a cold one for all the travel info. Thanks! Now, where in Reno can one find the best IPA in Nevada?

That would be the Ichthyosaur IPA, in my humble opinion. You can find it at Great Basin Brewing Company (two area restaurants) or in six packs at several local grocery stores.

• Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

That would be the Ichthyosaur IPA, in my humble opinion. You can find it at Great Basin Brewing Company (two area restaurants) or in six packs at several local grocery stores.

I travel mostly for any combination of three reasons, Football, beer and BBQ. We have two of them covered...?

• Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

I'll take a six-pack of Cigar City Jai-Alai IPA for Pack Backer and mugtang for all their help.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I travel mostly for any combination of three reasons, Football, beer and BBQ. We have two of them covered...?

Roasted Nevada wolfmeat! Yum!

Roasted Nevada roadrunner! Yum!

Archived