• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woulard decommits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

When I saw that Duke offered him earlier this week, I remembered a QB who ended up going there instead of USF, just because he felt a degree degree from there was worth a lot more. Perhaps, that is what people are telling Woulard. I'm just very surprised that he had not spoken to to our coaches before announcing his decommit on twitter. That's really not acceptable.

This is part of my frustration with his decommit.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I love how people are like "who cares," "no big deal" when those same people were cheering when he committed. When I said bad move not getting a QB in the last class I was told no big deal. Well at what point does it become a big deal?? Nevrmind just go with Eveld and we will be set for the next few years. If Holtz doesn't land a major QB this year we are in a world of trouble

personally I never cheered. I remember a five star athlete QB that was going to be our savior. he didn't exactly pan out.

I wish we would recruit an actual QB. tired of trying to play an athlete back there just because they are 6'3" 220 and can throw a mile. give me a kid with a good feel for the position and a noodle arm all day over an "athlete' that has played 1 year at the position with mediocre numbers.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I love how people are like "who cares," "no big deal" when those same people were cheering when he committed. When I said bad move not getting a QB in the last class I was told no big deal. Well at what point does it become a big deal?? Nevrmind just go with Eveld and we will be set for the next few years. If Holtz doesn't land a major QB this year we are in a world of trouble

personally I never cheered. I remember a five star athlete QB that was going to be our savior. he didn't exactly pan out.

I wish we would recruit an actual QB. tired of trying to play an athlete back there just because they are 6'3" 220 and can throw a mile. give me a kid with a good feel for the position and a noodle arm all day over an "athlete' that has played 1 year at the position with mediocre numbers.

Agreed we need a solid qb athletes that play qb usually don't turn out that great.

We have plenty of time for coaching staff to hopefully land a good solid qb.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I wouldn't worry. How many BCS AQ schools have completely left themselves without a QB for next season? Probably none.

This is probably the only place where all a true freshman has to do is beat out Matt Floyd and Bobby Eveld. Not trying to knock those players.....but if a 4 or 5 star QB wants to come in and start from day one....it is a rare opportunity.

• Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldn't worry. How many BCS AQ schools have completely left themselves without a QB for next season? Probably none. This is probably the only place where all a true freshman has to do is beat out Matt Floyd and Bobby Eveld. Not trying to knock those players.....but if a 4 or 5 star QB wants to come in and start from day one....it is a rare opportunity.

I agree with you but the big problem with his decommitment is his ability to recruit other players for USF. Saying you'll be playing with one of the top QBs in FL and in the Nation is a great selling point, also having him recruit like bevins did last year would have been great too... With that said I hope we get another QB signed soon although I expect us to wait and see what woulard does first.

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Did somebody say that he may have de-committed due to D'Vario not making grades and having to go the JUCO Route? he DID sign with us, so that part of the story IF true is actually more disturbing!! not meaning to hijack this thread, but this could be one heck of a double wammy if true...

please, USF can't afford any more WAMMY'S!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I wouldn't worry. How many BCS AQ schools have completely left themselves without a QB for next season? Probably none. This is probably the only place where all a true freshman has to do is beat out Matt Floyd and Bobby Eveld. Not trying to knock those players.....but if a 4 or 5 star QB wants to come in and start from day one....it is a rare opportunity.

I agree with you but the big problem with his decommitment is his ability to recruit other players for USF. Saying you'll be playing with one of the top QBs in FL and in the Nation is a great selling point, also having him recruit like bevins did last year would have been great too... With that said I hope we get another QB signed soon although I expect us to wait and see what woulard does first.

We didn't have him "signed". Recruiting has become ridiculous. He still has a year of High School to play. Like I said, if we win, we will get better recruits. Kids want to win.

Maybe we can recruit this kid.

http://www.sodahead.com/entertainment/is-13-years-old-too-young-for-usc-to-recruit-a-quarterback/question-855697/

• Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

We didn't have him "signed". Recruiting has become ridiculous. He still has a year of High School to play. Like I said, if we win, we will get better recruits. Kids want to win. Maybe we can recruit this kid. http://www.sodahead.com/entertainment/is-13-years-old-too-young-for-usc-to-recruit-a-quarterback/question-855697/

Yeah that is what I meant... my bad...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

We didn't have him "signed". Recruiting has become ridiculous. He still has a year of High School to play. Like I said, if we win, we will get better recruits. Kids want to win. Maybe we can recruit this kid. http://www.sodahead....uestion-855697/

Yeah that is what I meant... my bad...

I figured. There those that react and not just here, when a kid de-committs before his Senior year is like he already signed, and has left their school without a recruit for that position.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I will point out that besides Woulard....we do have offers out to 8 other QB's that haven't commited anywhere. I think the kid just wants to be "wined and dined" a little and didn't like how after he had commited....he seemed like yesterday's news.

Archived