• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woulard decommits

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

i love how all of a sudden this board is acting like hes not a phenomenal prospect....

we just lost a 4 star QB and probably the best QB recruit in the state of Florida. This is NOTHING like the Cameron fiasco... Cameron was so close to signing day. If this was going to happen I am glad it happened NOW and NOT the way Cameron handled it.

dude is a phenomenal prospect becuase of his measurables. not because of anything he has done on the field. 1 year at the position with 14 TDs and 10 picks with two BCS caliber wide receivers is nothing special. I don't care what his 40 time is or how high he can jump or what rivals has to say about him. you do not have to be a tremendous athlete in order to be a good QB.

I'd rather the kid from plant who threw 28 TDs and went to Cornell

Simple question. Wouldn't you rather have someone over 6' with the same ability over someone under 6'?

I'm not going to get into a pi$$ing match with you. Have a great day.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

i love how all of a sudden this board is acting like hes not a phenomenal prospect....

we just lost a 4 star QB and probably the best QB recruit in the state of Florida. This is NOTHING like the Cameron fiasco... Cameron was so close to signing day. If this was going to happen I am glad it happened NOW and NOT the way Cameron handled it.

dude is a phenomenal prospect becuase of his measurables. not because of anything he has done on the field. 1 year at the position with 14 TDs and 10 picks with two BCS caliber wide receivers is nothing special. I don't care what his 40 time is or how high he can jump or what rivals has to say about him. you do not have to be a tremendous athlete in order to be a good QB.

Simple question. Wouldn't you rather have someone over 6' with the same ability over someone under 6'?

obviously if they had the same ability then it wouldn't matter, right?

that's like saying would I rather have drew brees or peyton manning. it doesn't make a difference. they're both great QBs.

my point is that the big schools are going to get the quality 6' + guys while passing on the shorter ones so there is overlooked quality there.

should we take a lesser quality QB just because he is 6'+?

I'm not going to get into a pi$$ing match with you. Have a great day.

simple question if a 6'3" guy and a 5'11" guy have the same ability who is alabama going to offer a scholarship to?

now if both USF and alabama offer the 6'3" guy who will he choose to sign with?

should USF then go to the #2 6'3' guy and offer hm over the 5'11" guy that has more ability?

sure if we had first pick I'd prefer the taller guy but we don't. Kansas made the orange bowl because they found a shorter quality QB that the bigger programs didn't want.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

A common trait amongst all of those listed, is they are all listed at 6'2" or taller. Say what you want about BJ's ability, but when I stood next to him, he's around 5'10".
Sorry, after I copied and pasted the rivals list....I didn't like how it posted here. It was too big. Here is the list BBM is refering to. Asiantii Woulard Winter Park 6'4" 205 3 stars Connor Mitch Raleigh, NC 6'3 210 4 stars Austin Allen Fayetteville, AR 6'2" 217 3 stars Chavas Rawlins Monessen, PA 6'4" 190 3 Stars Eddie Printz, Marietta, GA 6'4" 195 3 stars Commited to UCLA Anthony Jennings Marietta, GA 6'2" 202 3 stars Kurt Benkert Cape Coral 6'3" 198 3 Stars John OKorn Ft Lauderdale 6'3" 210 3 Stars Alton Meeks Orlando 6'2" 225 3 Stars Darryl Richardson Seffner Armwood 6'5" 230 3 Stars
According to a tweet today from 247, Anthony Jennings is now our top QB on their board. Here is a link to a recent story on him.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7662059/anthony-jennings-better-injury

A common trait amongst all of those listed, is they are all listed at 6'2" or taller. Say what you want about BJ's ability, but when I stood next to him, he's around 5'10".
Sorry, after I copied and pasted the rivals list....I didn't like how it posted here. It was too big. Here is the list BBM is refering to. Asiantii Woulard Winter Park 6'4" 205 3 stars Connor Mitch Raleigh, NC 6'3 210 4 stars Austin Allen Fayetteville, AR 6'2" 217 3 stars Chavas Rawlins Monessen, PA 6'4" 190 3 Stars Eddie Printz, Marietta, GA 6'4" 195 3 stars Commited to UCLA Anthony Jennings Marietta, GA 6'2" 202 3 stars Kurt Benkert Cape Coral 6'3" 198 3 Stars John OKorn Ft Lauderdale 6'3" 210 3 Stars Alton Meeks Orlando 6'2" 225 3 Stars Darryl Richardson Seffner Armwood 6'5" 230 3 Stars
According to a tweet today from 247, Anthony Jennings is now our top QB on their board. Here is a link to a recent story on him.

http://espn.go.com/c...s-better-injury

much, much better numbers than the other kid. 19TDs to 4 picks. 8 rushing TDs . better completion percentage. more yards.

sounds more like a QB than an athlete. hopefully he is doing that against top level competition.

of course rivals doesn't have him rated higher than the other kid so no way do his talents compare....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Who is this Woulard? I read this and thought af first Doug had quit.

• Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

On NCAA football '11 I have 5 star recruits falling all over USF. Its 2017 in my game and I've won 3 national championships and won the Big East and a BCS bowl every year and have only lost to Alabama. Why can't I just control...our...real...team...with my hands. If Coach Holtz can't hold on to a good prospect then gimme a shot. I'm an Economics student so making the best decision is my specialty and my resume speaks for itself.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

http://espn.go.com/c...s-better-injury

much, much better numbers than the other kid. 19TDs to 4 picks. 8 rushing TDs . better completion percentage. more yards.

sounds more like a QB than an athlete. hopefully he is doing that against top level competition.

of course rivals doesn't have him rated higher than the other kid so no way do his talents compare....

you might want to consider a career as a football scout :P

The fact is... if the big dogs in college football are recruiting some a kid... its likely because he is more talented then that plant QB who went to cornell... There is a reason why LSU, Bama, USC, Ohio State, etc are consistently the best teams... and its not because they recruit 5'11 QBs with a feel for the position.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I remembered a QB who ended up going there instead of USF, just because he felt a degree degree from there was worth a lot more. Perhaps, that is what people are telling Woulard.

Memories of Thadeus Lewis, who went with Duke. Brent Schaffer, who went with Tenn. We have a history of being toyed with the state's HS QB recruits.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

holtz inability to bring in a top qb and his insistance

in riding bj will his downfall

Archived