• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug Woolard on with Steve Duimig

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Right now he's talking about why he has dogged USF in the past--says it's because of Leavitt.

Because Leavitt wouldn't kiss the ring of the self appointed queen of tampa bay radio .... Duemig has been, and my guess, will always be a douchebag when it comes to USF ... but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures on DW's part. Hopefully, it's the last time he has to do that.

I think it had more to do when Leavitt went South with the media, which was in 2006. The incident that sparked it was a McMurphy article about Ponton and Josh Julmiste's upcoming suspension, which Coach Leavitt was not allowed to comment on, yet McMurphy ran with it anyways.

Deuming needs to get over that excuse.

And it was just an excuse .... he didn't know **** about USF football .... didn't care enough to even try and learn so the easy way was to just blame Jim. He's such a doosh ...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

OMG USF actually trying to market something. Someone pinch me this must be a joke.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Right now he's talking about why he has dogged USF in the past--says it's because of Leavitt.

Because Leavitt wouldn't kiss the ring of the self appointed queen of tampa bay radio .... Duemig has been, and my guess, will always be a douchebag when it comes to USF ... but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures on DW's part. Hopefully, it's the last time he has to do that.

I agree with the first part, the second part not so much. JP Peterson is kicking DUImig's arse in this market and continues to take share in this drive time slot. He brought DW on to try and compete with JP who has much love for USF and regularly talks about USF athletics and has coaches on. If this guy started his dirt nap tomorrow, I wouldn't be sad. Good riddance DUImig

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I agree with the first part, the second part not so much. JP Peterson is kicking DUImig's arse in this market and continues to take share in this drive time slot. He brought DW on to try and compete with JP who has much love for USF and regularly talks about USF athletics and has coaches on. If this guy started his dirt nap tomorrow, I wouldn't be sad. Good riddance DUImig

Really?? Maybe the Tampa Bay sports radio audience is growing up ...

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

I thought Doug did a great job staying positive and excited about all that is going on at the campus. I'm sure his appearance on Duimeg's show was part of the general media blitz associate with the sneak preview of the dome. Some of the negative questions Duimeg asked were questions everybody seems to want answered (What the hell is up with the Big East? (paraphrased)).

Speaking of Bob Lassiter for those who remember, if Valrico Bob (character or real person) is still alive I'm sure he is a card carrying member of the Tea Party!

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

out of curiosity how do u know he is taking share from deumig? does arbitron publish their ratings? I'd like to check that out.

• Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

I'd love to be able to listen to other stations, but honestly they come in so poorly up here in wesley chapel that dui meg is the only local option.

That said 620 did a much better job supporting USF this past season (throughout the entire day).

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I'd love to be able to listen to other stations, but honestly they come in so poorly up here in wesley chapel that dui meg is the only local option.

That said 620 did a much better job supporting USF this past season (throughout the entire day).

Did anyone notice during the tournament run how 620 was running a station identification thing that went: "620...the sports animal...home of the USF Bulls"...I had NEVER before heard that on 620 until March of this year. Always home of the Bucs, home of the Rays, home of the Bolts, and home of the gators. Anyway, its gone now. Last time I heard it they were back to gators.

• Days Won:  2

I think it had more to do when Leavitt went South with the media, which was in 2006. The incident that sparked it was a McMurphy article about Ponton and Josh Julmiste's upcoming suspension, which Coach Leavitt was not allowed to comment on, yet McMurphy ran with it anyways.

Deuming needs to get over that excuse.

And it was just an excuse .... he didn't know **** about USF football .... didn't care enough to even try and learn so the easy way was to just blame Jim. He's such a doosh ...

Too true. Succinct.

• Days Won:  2

I thought Doug did a great job staying positive and excited about all that is going on at the campus. I'm sure his appearance on Duimeg's show was part of the general media blitz associate with the sneak preview of the dome. Some of the negative questions Duimeg asked were questions everybody seems to want answered (What the hell is up with the Big East? (paraphrased)).

Speaking of Bob Lassiter for those who remember, if Valrico Cookie (character or real person) is still alive I'm sure he is a card carrying member of the Tea Party!

Fixed it for you.

Archived