• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug Woolard on with Steve Duimig

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

I'd love to be able to listen to other stations, but honestly they come in so poorly up here in wesley chapel that dui meg is the only local option.

That said 620 did a much better job supporting USF this past season (throughout the entire day).

Did anyone notice during the tournament run how 620 was running a station identification thing that went: "620...the sports animal...home of the USF Bulls"...I had NEVER before heard that on 620 until March of this year. Always home of the Bucs, home of the Rays, home of the Bolts, and home of the gators. Anyway, its gone now. Last time I heard it they were back to gators.

I noticed that also, heard it this morning while Sileo fill-in was on. He was talking about the Gators and how great Billy Donovan is. So I found it kinda cool that they were talking about the Gators and then they plugged the Bulls during the break.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

I thought Doug did a great job staying positive and excited about all that is going on at the campus. I'm sure his appearance on Duimeg's show was part of the general media blitz associate with the sneak preview of the dome. Some of the negative questions Duimeg asked were questions everybody seems to want answered (What the hell is up with the Big East? (paraphrased)).

Speaking of Bob Lassiter for those who remember, if Valrico Cookie (character or real person) is still alive I'm sure he is a card carrying member of the Tea Party!

Fixed it for you.

I vaguely remember Valrico Bob but not a Valrico Cookie.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I thought Doug did a great job staying positive and excited about all that is going on at the campus. I'm sure his appearance on Duimeg's show was part of the general media blitz associate with the sneak preview of the dome. Some of the negative questions Duimeg asked were questions everybody seems to want answered (What the hell is up with the Big East? (paraphrased)).

Speaking of Bob Lassiter for those who remember, if Valrico Cookie (character or real person) is still alive I'm sure he is a card carrying member of the Tea Party!

Fixed it for you.

Lassiter questioned him on his military service. Stated that he thought Valrico Bob had only been a cook in the war and started calling him "Valrico Cookie". I think it is the one time Valrico hung up on Lassiter and not the other way around.

Fixed it for you.

Lassiter questioned him on his military service. Stated that he thought Valrico Bob had only been a cook in the war and started calling him "Valrico Cookie". I think it is the one time Valrico hung up on Lassiter and not the other way around.

LOL .... classic .... Great memory, btw.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Great site, thanks.

Here's another one for us old-timers...

http://www.teddwebb....rdon_solie.html

Great site, thanks.

Here's another one for us old-timers...

http://www.teddwebb....rdon_solie.html

Bringing back memories of many a night spent at Ft Homer Hesterly ...

• Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

gordon solie that brings back memories. Well The nature boy is living here in Charlotte Nc

Archived