• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug Woolard on with Steve Duimig

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Listening. So far the questions are kind of negative.

Who da thunk it ...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now he's talking about why he has dogged USF in the past--says it's because of Leavitt.

Because Leavitt wouldn't kiss the ring of the self appointed queen of tampa bay radio .... Duemig has been, and my guess, will always be a douchebag when it comes to USF ... but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures on DW's part. Hopefully, it's the last time he has to do that.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Right now he's talking about why he has dogged USF in the past--says it's because of Leavitt.

Because Leavitt wouldn't kiss the ring of the self appointed Drama queen of tampa bay radio .... Duemig has been, and my guess, will always be a douchebag when it comes to USF ... but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures on DW's part. Hopefully, it's the last time he has to do that.

Woolard is doing his job, selling the program. He went straight to the place where it seems most of the negativity has been. No matter what Duimig says, Chris Thomas was the only one who supported the program in the early days by at least talking about it.

I understand why Leavitt acted the way he did towards a guy who was up to no good and had an agenda but I think Woolard's way is ultimately the right way to handle these kind of egomaniacs.

Hey Triple B, I fixed your quote! :)

Anybody ever notice that Duimig has tried to be the sports talk version of Bob Lassiter? With his angry sounding and tough talking monologues or his pauses when he his making a point? Funny, when Bob would pause it was to be dramatic or to get the audience to behave. When Duimig does it, it comes across as dead air. Lassiter always made a point to let it be known that it was a show while Duimig seems to take things seriously. Unfortunately, Bob is no longer with us because I would love to hear what his thoughts would be. Those that ever heard Bob know that he was at his best poking fun at other radio personalities.

Anybody ever notice that Duimig has tried to be the sports talk version of Bob Lassiter? With his angry sounding and tough talking monologues or his pauses when he his making a point? Funny, when Bob would pause it was to be dramatic or to get the audience to behave. When Duimig does it, it comes across as dead air. Lassiter always made a point to let it be known that it was a show while Duimig seems to take things seriously. Unfortunately, Bob is no longer with us because I would love to hear what his thoughts would be. Those that ever heard Bob know that he was at his best poking fun at other radio personalities.

Blasphemy, sir!!! ..... Mentioning the Big Doofus in the same breath as Lassiter.

Because Leavitt wouldn't kiss the ring of the self appointed Drama queen of tampa bay radio .... Duemig has been, and my guess, will always be a douchebag when it comes to USF ... but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures on DW's part. Hopefully, it's the last time he has to do that.

Woolard is doing his job, selling the program. He went straight to the place where it seems most of the negativity has been. No matter what Duimig says, Chris Thomas was the only one who supported the program in the early days by at least talking about it.

I understand why Leavitt acted the way he did towards a guy who was up to no good and had an agenda but I think Woolard's way is ultimately the right way to handle these kind of egomaniacs.

I do understand why Doug had to do it but, to be perfectly honest, the regular listener to Deumig's show isn't smart enough or cool enough to really appreciate USF sports .... I fully realize r are exceptions to that but I'm talking the vast majority of the mouthbreathers who listen on a regular basis.

Blasphemy, sir!!! ..... Mentioning the Big Doofus in the same breath as Lassiter.

Ha ha. (I hesitated to do so for that very reason) Merely pointing out his lame attempt at being an interesting host.

I do understand why Doug had to do it but, to be perfectly honest, the regular listener to Deumig's show isn't smart enough or cool enough to really appreciate USF sports .... I fully realize r are exceptions to that but I'm talking the vast majority of the mouthbreathers who listen on a regular basis.

Man, I could not have said it better myself.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Because Leavitt wouldn't kiss the ring of the self appointed queen of tampa bay radio .... Duemig has been, and my guess, will always be a douchebag when it comes to USF ... but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures on DW's part. Hopefully, it's the last time he has to do that.

I think it had more to do when Leavitt went South with the media, which was in 2006. The incident that sparked it was a McMurphy article about Ponton and Josh Julmiste's upcoming suspension, which Coach Leavitt was not allowed to comment on, yet McMurphy ran with it anyways.

Deuming needs to get over that excuse.

Archived