• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Okay: How many more years till we Dance again?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  245
  • Days Won:  1

Remember, we are in the Big East. It's like playing in the NCAA tournament every night once the BE schedule begins.

I've no clue when it will happen again. I hope it's next season!

Yeah, that's what I said after the 1992 season...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

It better be next season considering the talent that's going to be on the roster. No reason to miss the NCAAT unless there is a rash of long term injuries to key pieces. I expect USF to be ranked in the preseason top 25 by some publications or receiving votes.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

It better be next season considering the talent that's going to be on the roster. No reason to miss the NCAAT unless there is a rash of long term injuries to key pieces. I expect USF to be ranked in the preseason top 25 by some publications or receiving votes.

I don't expect anything from the polls (well, maybe one writer will throw us a bone).

Now don't get me wrong, this season was amazing and a huge step forward, but I still think as a program we are not to the level of a perennial NCAA tournament team. As of right now, I think making the NCAAs next season will still be considered a huge success for the program. In order to keep making progress, the bottom line next year needs to be no worse than an NIT bid. I love this team, but I'm just not getting my hopes up that we'll be in the big dance every March. Most of us know how Bulls fans can be when they get a little taste of success; hopes, expectations, and hype tend to be very lofty.

• Content Count:  1,055

We will be back next year even if we finish 9-9 in Big east play as long as we take care of the early non conference games. That way we will have the 20 wins we need prior to the Big east tourney. Hope we also have a home crowd to give a boast when we get some of the top Big east teams in our home court next year

• Content Count:  7,693

As long as we don't lose anyone to the draft, or to injuries then we should make another appearance next season.

Hopefully its enough to lure in some fresh talent.

• Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

Next year. I think we've really turned the corner.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I don't expect anything from the polls (well, maybe one writer will throw us a bone).

If we were returning everybody, I would think we'd get a few votes but not enough to crack the Top 25, but with what we're losing, I wouldn't expect any votes, save the bone thrower you mentioned.

Now don't get me wrong, this season was amazing and a huge step forward, but I still think as a program we are not to the level of a perennial NCAA tournament team. As of right now, I think making the NCAAs next season will still be considered a huge success for the program. In order to keep making progress, the bottom line next year needs to be no worse than an NIT bid. I love this team, but I'm just not getting my hopes up that we'll be in the big dance every March. Most of us know how Bulls fans can be when they get a little taste of success; hopes, expectations, and hype tend to be very lofty

Spot on ... It is unrealistic to think we'll be in the Big Dance every March from now on. Only your top shelf programs have that as a realistic expectation every year ... but your last sentence also perfectly describes segments of our fanbase and, in most cases, that's better than not caring at all.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

Being a truly optimistic gambler type,iIf the breakpoint is 20 years this time, I'll take the under.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I will say we make it in next year again. However, (and this is a big HOWEVER), I have been following USF sports long enough to know that nothing ever comes easy for us. In every sport, just when we are on the cusp of breaking out, there is always some key injury or suspension or idiotic occurrence that comes along.

All teams get hit by injuries, but since we have never had any real depth, in any of our teams, we have always relied on that one or two key guys in every sport. I think since we have finally stabilized and have not needed to jump up in competition level, we are finally starting to build depth in all of our teams. I am hopeful that we are finally turning the corner and will make it back next year.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Well, we at least know we can beat Temple, and don't have to play pesky WVU. :)

When do non conference schedules come out? Those usually come out closer to the season than football's do, correct?

Archived