• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rudd is trying to leave, entering NBA Draft

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Weird that im looking forward to basketball a lot more than football next season. Never thought i'd see the day.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

As expected

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Weird that im looking forward to basketball a lot more than football next season. Never thought i'd see the day.

have to agree with you there

• Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

Rudd to Return to Bulls for 2012-13 Season

icon-email.jpg icon-print.jpg icon-rss.jpg

TAMPA - University of South Florida sophomore guard Victor Rudd Jr. will return to the Bulls for the 2012-13 season after removing his name from the 2012 NBA Draft. Rudd, who entered into the pool of candidates without hiring an agent, had until April 10 to make a decision on whether to come back for his junior year or stay in the draft.

"Based on this process and the feedback that I received after putting my name in the NBA draft pool, I've decided that it's in my best interests to return to USF," Rudd said. "Being evaluated by some of the NBA teams was a great opportunity for me to receive advice on areas of my game that I need to improve on. I'd like to thank my coaches and teammates for being supportive throughout the whole process and I'm excited to have the opportunity to continue to grow as a player and person, while helping this team build on the success we had last year."

Rudd, a 6-8 transfer from Arizona State, finished the 2011-12 season second on the team in scoring after putting up 9.3 ppg and 4.8 rpg. He played a key role during USF's postseason run through the Third Round of the NCAA Tournament and the Big East Championship Quarterfinals as he reached double figures in all five games, averaging 14.0 points and 7.0 rebounds during that span. Rudd led the Bulls in scoring eight times on the year including a season-high 30 points against Marist.

"After getting feedback from multiple NBA teams, Victor Rudd has decided to return for his junior season at USF," USF head coach Stan Heath said. "He received good feedback, however the NBA feels he can improve his status by returning to school. Victor has made a good decision to improve himself as a player and graduate from school. We're excited to have him back and it will certainly be a tremendous boost to our basketball team next season. "

Including Rudd, the Bulls - who are coming off of their first NCAA Tournament appearance in 20 years - will now have four of their top five leading scorers and three of their top six rebounders back for the 2012-13 season.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=205411112

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

have to agree with you there

+2

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

The funny thing is that Rudd might not be a starter next season. Brock, Abdul-Aleem, and Hawkins will be fighting hard for that wing player position.. I believe USF will land Cassell(IMO) shortly after his visit and the backcourt will be set with him and Collins. Rudd has the talent on any given night to be a great player but until he shows some consistency. his NBA dreams won't happen.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Welcome back!

• Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Im most of his games Rudd comes out early and scores big then fades down the strecth. So I think he would still be able to keep his starting spots but at the same time lose alot of his minutes to the new guys.

Archived