• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tourney lock with this win?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

That C-USA tournament worries me. I'll be pulling for Memphis and Southern Miss all the way through.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Right now there are 20 teams above an RPI of 68 that are auto-bids due to winning conference tourney or projected winning (this could change barring upsets)That leaves 48 teams looking to get in. Of those 48, 34 are above an RPI of 50, of those 34 only 3 of those are currently not projected to be in the tourney; fail rate = 3/34 = 8.8%. If you go to the top 48 in RPI there is only 1 team that is outside, looking in (Iona), fail rate = 1/32 = 3.0%

Of the teams below 48 that are not champs or projected champs, there are 16, of those 11 are not projected to be in the tourney; fail rate = 11/16 = 68.8% failure rate

Stay above 48 and you have a 97% chance to get in. Losing to Notre Dame isn't going to affect USF's RPI that much, I say we are in.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

if we lose to ND, i will say this, i will be VERY nervous selection sunday.

Agreed.

Each time I hear about the bracket, and USF, they bring up the early season losses against not so great teams, and no major wins (other than UL) in the BE stretch. Lots of losses against the top of the BE and not enough signature wins. Last night they went so far as to say the BE is weaker this year, its a down year.

If anything hurts us, that will be it.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

if we lose to ND, i will say this, i will be VERY nervous selection sunday.

Agreed.

Each time I hear about the bracket, and USF, they bring up the early season losses against not so great teams, and no major wins (other than UL) in the BE stretch. Lots of losses against the top of the BE and not enough signature wins. Last night they went so far as to say the BE is weaker this year, its a down year.

If anything hurts us, that will be it.

Incredibull I am soooo sick of hearing that same garbage without the rest of the story. Early season there were injuries and we lost "ON THE ROAD" to all those big name teams in the BE. I mean are these talking heads even mentioning that ? I would say that is a big deal but I am sure we are in and only thing we are playing for now is a higher seed

• Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Tourney selection committee will struggle to find enough teams with quality sufficient to bypass USF. That said, I wouldn't be surpised if they did so. I say don't leave it to chance. Keep winning.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

In. The only way we're out is if the NCAA really hates the fact that we have one really quality win

How can a team with a double bye in the tourney and a win over our supposed one quality win not be a quality win also?

• Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

In. The only way we're out is if the NCAA really hates the fact that we have one really quality win

How can a team with a double bye in the tourney and a win over our supposed one quality win not be a quality win also?

Because that team has an RPI in like the 70's and should not be on the bubble themselves. There OCC sch was a joke.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

Seems like the goal posts keep moving. I hope we beat ND 45-40 just to hear the ******** and moaning.

• Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I would love to beat ND like 35-32..... The announcers may go nuts.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

well that IS the one major argument against us and reason we should be nervous.

In Lunardi I trust.

Archived