• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JoJo Kemp RB Deland

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Pitt thinks they are out, says its down to Tenn or USF.

That's big news you got a link, source for that?

PantyLair - Pitt Rivals - I was reading on Tyler Boyd and their mini meltdown so far.

PantyLair?

Now, THAT's funny!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Running the Bulls â€@USFBulls_Rivals

.@j_kemp4 has narrowed his list to four - #Pitt, #Kentucky, #WestVirginia and #USF - according to #Rivals Justin Rowland.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I'm starting to suspect that we missed on Jojo, Davis got an offer this w/e and it may have been after coaches talked to Jojo they had another spot. Just a gut feeling and McCray is saying we are taking 3 RB's so it may be a moot point.

Rivals was saying earlier that it was down to us and TN for Jojo but backed off, seems they were talking about last o/v. Rumor wire gone mad.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I would love Alex Collins but I would rather have Robert Davis than JoJo Kemp. Despite his "near 4 star" status.

I'm thinking we went a long way with Kemp last w/e. Thoughtful kid.

Kemp May Be Back on Board

28 Monday Jan 2013

green-header-with-u.jpg?w=529&h=72

| Via Corey Long| ESPN.com |

Kemp May Be Back on Board

“Four-star running back Jojo Kemp (Deland, Fla./Deland) went back to where it all started this weekend. Kemp committed to South Florida in the spring but backed away from that commitment during the fall. Now the 5-foot-10, 190-pound running back was back on campus meeting a new staff.

Kemp decided to take the visit to South Florida because he felt like the school he was once committed to deserved another look

“I wanted South Florida to be my final visit,†Kemp said. “I wanted to meet the new staff and see what they were about. Now I can go home and shut this down. Everything just keeps getting crazier.

“And I wanted to spend time with Coach Taggart and the new staff. I was close with coach [Peter] Vaas and the old staff and I’m getting close with the new staff.â€

Kemp is wanted by several programs, including Nebraska and Kentucky. He took an official to Lexington two weeks ago and enjoyed what he saw.

“I really liked Kentucky and the city of Lexington,†Kemp said. “It reminded me a lot of where I live in Deland. I was real comfortable there and comfortable around the people.â€

The Kentucky staff led by new head coach Mark Stoops has made no secret of their desire to add Kemp to its recruiting class.

“They have told me that I’m the top running back on their board,†Kemp said. “And there’s an honor to see that a program thinks so highly of me.â€

Kemp’s describes his recruitment as an adventure, much like the one his close friend and ESPN 150 prospect Asiantii Woulard (Winter Park, Fla./Winter Park) has dealt with. The two have taken a couple of trips together and talk often.

“We like to discuss the trips and use each other as a sounding board,†Kemp said. “It’s good to have a friend that’s going through the same thing because we remind each other that this is a blessing even though it can be difficult at times.â€

Via Corey Long, ESPN.com

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I'm no expert on this recruiting stuff but it sounds to me like he's not choosing USF. Just my opinion. You never say never, obviously. You never discount the ability of a good recruiter to knock someone's socks off and completely change the formula. But just judging from language, various visits, what other guys are saying, who else is offered, I think Kemp is not choosing USF and I think USF knows it.

I have pulled a full 180 on this after the w/e. The article above Jojo states that he deliberately left USF for last so he could find out about the staff. Next morning he announces that he has decided. We haven't scheduled OVs for back ups who have expressed a great desire to be here. I think he is back to being a Bull. Tweeted to a buddy about Tags.

@taylordavid1 Ayy bro I got reddy on an official visit with me at Usf . This man is a full time perka I can't wait to tell you bout this man

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

@taylordavid1 Ayy bro I got reddy on an official visit with me at Usf . This man is a full time perka I can't wait to tell you bout this man

I'm not up to date on my slang but i assume 'perka' is short for 'perkalater' which is someone who is a good time to be around. Right?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

I'm not up to date on my slang but i assume 'perka' is short for 'perkalater' which is someone who is a good time to be around. Right?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Not very complementary according to UD

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=perka

"overweight blonde people who believe they are extremely athletic, popular, and refer to themselves as "pimps" they believe 100% that they have all of these qualities

Look at that perka, so naive to the fact he has no friends and plays Halo way to much"