• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tom Jones - Tampa Bay Times Moron

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

http://www.tampabay....eb-27th-edition

Three things that popped into my head

1. Nice win by the USF basketball team Sunday against Cincinnati, but I still think it has to win its final two regular-season games plus at least one Big East tournament game even to get on the bubble of the NCAA Tournament.

So even though most people who actually get paid to do things other than eat hot dogs and watch TV think that USF is squarely on the cusp of the Dance, this clown thinks we need to get three more wins just to be considered to be a BUBBLE team.

Granted we aren't there yet, but to postulate that we need to go 13-5 in the Big East AND win a tourney game to even be considered is ignorant at best and moronic at worst.

Go back to watching 5 hours of Daytona 500 rain delay filler, idiot.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It depends how you want to look at it. Sure we're "on the bubble" right now, but we're squarely on the outside looking in at this point.

If we take out UL and win either WVU or a BE tourney game, I think we're in. Louisville is huge for us. We have to win that game. If we lose @ UL, then we need to beat WVU and have a run in the BE tourney to get in.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Just gave him my .02

Hope it was a good one.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Just gave him my .02

Blood etoh?

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1. Nice win by the USF basketball team Sunday against Cincinnati, but I still think it has to win its final two regular-season games plus at least one Big East tournament game even to get on the bubble of the NCAA Tournament.

So even though most people who actually get paid to do things other than eat hot dogs and watch TV think that USF is squarely on the cusp of the Dance, this clown thinks we need to get three more wins just to be considered to be a BUBBLE team.

Granted we aren't there yet, but to postulate that we need to go 13-5 in the Big East AND win a tourney game to even be considered is ignorant at best and moronic at worst.

Holy crap, glad to have you posting again. :D Feel free to stick around for a while.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Just gave him my .02

Hope it was a good one.

I didn't go off on him. Just mentioned that if we were to win our last 2 regular season games it would likely put us in, regardless of what happens at MSG.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Holy crap, glad to have you posting again. :D Feel free to stick around for a while.

Man, I have been SO busy with this new promotion... running a Medicare sub-contract. I've been following along when time allows.

I'll stop by your tailgate in September. Be sure to have some Jack Daniels, not that hoity-toity s*** you drink ;-)

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

That's not as bad as ESPN1040 yesterday morning. As I was driving to the game, the "USF Insider" and the host agreed that USF would have to win out and win 2 in the BET to just "squeeze" into the tournament.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Geez, the guy just gave his opinion. Shockingly enough, the NCAA committee won't be asking Tom Jones for his opinion before they decide what to do. Writers get paid to voice their opinion, that doesn't mean they will always be right.

The things people get all upset about amaze me.

Archived