• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Under Attack from Politician

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

As to comments that not everyone in Lakeland is responsible for this. Of course this is true. just as, not all South Africans were racist. It is really a moot point. The point is to Jack up the pressure on this moron Alexander and an effective means to do that to make him ashamed to go home and face his constituents.If you ratchet up the pressure on them it ultimately passes to him. Anyone have any ideas on a Tshirt? I have a few but all are still R Rated.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Tampa, needs to begin the boycott of everything Lakeland. Nothing talks louder than money and it's the only thing that can get these D**kheads attention anymore.I suggest filling your gas tank outside of Lakeland, No Lakeland citrus, no Meth from Lakeland and don't even eat a Snickers Bar there. Without Tampa money Lakeland is just another ****hole in Central Florida. Ask the Susan G. Komen Foundation what they think about social media now. i say bury this guy.

As a USF grad that was raised in Lakeland, and still has immediate family members employed there, I just want to say let's not get TOO carried away ...

Ok.. Fine;

Everyone, Meth is still ok

Protecting a business interest? :>)

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth, but I think that in order of importance, lawmakers look at (1) walk-ins, (2) phone calls, (3) telegrams, (4) paper letters, (5) emails, (6) petitions, etc.

If you want to be heard, call your representative as well as doing the emails, letters, petitions, etc. Even if it's just to leave a voicemail, it will make a difference.

• Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

If you guys are still writing you might want to reference. 40-60% percent cut from one school is ridiculous and could also hurt local economy, while others are less effected.

http://libertystreeteconomics.newyorkfed.org/2012/02/how-colleges-and-universities-can-help-their-local-economies.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LibertyStreetEconomics+%28Liberty+Street+Economics%29#.Tzqfr1Lv0Q0.twitter

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

guys...there is no state recall provision.

the best we can do is stopping this bill now.

???

As per my previous post:

http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2011/100.361

• Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Date: February 14, 2012 1:50:54 PM EST

To: "lynn.evelyn.web@flsenate.gov" <lynn.evelyn.web@flsenate.gov>

Subject: USF budget cuts

Dear Senator Lynn,

My daughter was just accepted at USF and was planning to enroll as a freshman next year.  She was also accepted by several other schools outside of the state of Florida.  I encouraged her to attend USF as both my wife and I are graduates of USF.  We currently reside in Georgia and as such would be paying "out of state" tuition to have her attend USF.  We were prepared to do that knowing she would be attending a fantastic school.  The proposed unfair budget cuts that will dramatically effect her education are now giving us second thoughts.  

USF is being unfairly targeted to enact massive budget costs that will impact everything from teacher/student ratios all the way to value in the workplace perceived of earning a degree from USF.  I urge you to stop these unfair and extraordinary budget cuts.  A more equitable distribution of cuts must be shared by all state universities.

Thank you,

Xxxx Xxxxx

USF class of 1989

Sent from my iPad

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

‎10 News is headed to Tallahassee to personally deliver your messages to state legislators. Want your voice heard? Send your one-page (or less) letter to tips@wtsp.com by the end of the day today.

http://www.wtsp.com/...oposed-USF-cuts

Done

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I've never been prouder of being a bull-I love the action...were stampeding with a resounding Kiss my ass

• Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Another example of Alexander’s work is that Florida Gulf Cost University’s budget is only going to be cut 6.6%. Is it coincidental that J.D. Alexander’s company, Alico, owns land adjacent to the university and would have much to gain by that university’s growth?

Search the Alico’s 10-K filing below and search for “Florida Gulf Coastâ€. Some real eye-openers there…

Entitlement of Alico West — We successfully obtained a Comprehensive Plan Amendment which allows for construction of up to 1,950 dwelling units and 1.5 million square feet of commercial/retail on the property to support the continued growth of Florida Gulf Coast University

http://www.faqs.org/sec-filings/111214/ALICO-INC_10-K/

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Read this about Ben Hill Griffin II from Wiki....

When Griffin died in 1990, he was survived by his wife Eleanor, a son, four daughters, and sixteen grandchildren.[7] Griffin's only son, Ben Hill Griffin, III, carried on his father's family business, and served as the CEO of Alico until 2004, and Alico remains under control of the extended Griffin family.[15] Griffin's son continues to serve as the chairman of Ben Hill Griffin, Inc.,[16] and one of FGCU's primary academic buildings, Griffin Hall, is named for him.[17] Griffin's grandson and namesake, Ben Hill Griffin, IV, serves as the current president of Ben Hill Griffin, Inc., which is one of the member companies of the Florida's Natural cooperative.[18]

Following in the family footsteps, three of Griffin's grandchildren have served in elected political office in Florida. Republican Katherine Harris, a former member of the Florida Senate, former Florida Secretary of State (best known for her role in the disputed 2000 presidential election), and former United States Representative from Sarasota, is Griffin's granddaughter.[19] Republican J.D. Alexander, a former member of the Florida House of Representatives and a current member of the Florida Senate, is his grandson.[20] Republican Baxter Troutman, a member of the Florida House of Representatives, is also Griffin's grandson.[21]

In 1998, a panel of Florida historians and other consultants named Griffin one of the fifty most important Floridians of the twentieth century.[22]

Archived