• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Under Attack from Politician

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Anyone think an out-of-stater signing the petition can help? Already wrote to my parents and friends asking them to write to their senators to get them to stop this.

Also, what are the chances this would get through the state House?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

I sent following email to each senator member of Senate Budget Committee that is meeting tomorrow morning--including JD:

Dear Senator xxxxx:

Our daughter, xxxxxxx, is a student at the University of South Florida (USF.) At your next Budget Committee meeting Wednesday morning, February 15th:

1.) Don’t enact the massive cuts to higher education.

2.) Don’t single out USF for extraordinary cuts; fund USF equitably with more money now.

3.) Don’t allow a 12th state university now.

Thank you,

Xxxxx

Mytown, Fl

Chair: Senator JD Alexander ® Vice Chair: Senator Joe Negron ®

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Tampa, needs to begin the boycott of everything Lakeland. Nothing talks louder than money and it's the only thing that can get these D**kheads attention anymore.I suggest filling your gas tank outside of Lakeland, No Lakeland citrus, no Meth from Lakeland and don't even eat a Snickers Bar there. Without Tampa money Lakeland is just another ****hole in Central Florida. Ask the Susan G. Komen Foundation what they think about social media now. i say bury this guy.

As a USF grad that was raised in Lakeland, and still has immediate family members employed there, I just want to say let's not get TOO carried away ...

This is war... ain't nothing off the table now. The people down in Lakeland / Polk County made their bed, so let them sleep in it.

I would condone just about any tactic at this point...

Tampa, needs to begin the boycott of everything Lakeland. Nothing talks louder than money and it's the only thing that can get these D**kheads attention anymore.I suggest filling your gas tank outside of Lakeland, No Lakeland citrus, no Meth from Lakeland and don't even eat a Snickers Bar there. Without Tampa money Lakeland is just another ****hole in Central Florida. Ask the Susan G. Komen Foundation what they think about social media now. i say bury this guy.

As a USF grad that was raised in Lakeland, and still has immediate family members employed there, I just want to say let's not get TOO carried away ...

This is war... ain't nothing off the table now. The people down in Lakeland / Polk County made their bed, so let them sleep in it.

Disagree - this is about JD Alexander, not about Lakeland. There are a lot of USF alumni and employees in Lakeland - I'd think there would be a lot of people that are not in favor of what Alexander is doing. He obviously has an agenda here and it doesn't necessarily involve the people of Lakeland as a whole.

City of Lakeland doesn't deserve a boycott, that's pretty ridiculous - you're right, it is war, but let's fight it the right way through our representatives and getting the word out about what is going on.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Just e-mailed my rep, Will Weatherford. He's also quoted in Joe Henderson's article today. Basically, even if this crap passed through the Senate, it would have to be voted on in the House, and Weatherford mentioned that it would have a "slim to none" chance of getting through.

Weatherford also said, "Our jobs are to make sure that the cuts are fair".

Just e-mailed my rep, Will Weatherford. He's also quoted in Joe Henderson's article today. Basically, even if this crap passed through the Senate, it would have to be voted on in the House, and Weatherford mentioned that it would have a "slim to none" chance of getting through.

Excellent, that's the answer I was hoping for.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I hope that is true

But irregardless ( :P ) we have to take a stand against JD Alexander NOW even if it does not pass.

I'm talking about forming a petition for a recall of him.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2011/100.361

• Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

I hope that is true

But irregardless ( :P ) we have to take a stand against JD Alexander NOW even if it does not pass.

I'm talking about forming a petition for a recall of him.

http://www.flsenate....es/2011/100.361

I would be behind this 100%, this guy needs to be shown that USF has major support in the community. He gave our beloved Alma Mater a scare, and its time to take him to the cleaners.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Disagree - this is about JD Alexander, not about Lakeland. There are a lot of USF alumni and employees in Lakeland - I'd think there would be a lot of people that are not in favor of what Alexander is doing. He obviously has an agenda here and it doesn't necessarily involve the people of Lakeland as a whole.

City of Lakeland doesn't deserve a boycott, that's pretty ridiculous - you're right, it is war, but let's fight it the right way through our representatives and getting the word out about what is going on.

We have a represenative government and J.D. Alexander represents the voters of Polk County / City of Lakeland.

I don't believe that I'm being un-fair at all... we also need to boycott the City of Gainesville since this douche is just the right hand of UF anyway.

Hell I would go as far as to encourage students to toss eggs at anybody on campus wearing any Gayturd ****.

There ain't nothing civil about this war...

Archived