• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Under Attack from Politician

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

My letter:

Senator Lynn,

I was shocked and dismayed by your introduction of language to S7100 which goes against the reasoned and thoughtful benchmarks set by the Board of Governors and forces USF Polytechnic’s independence by a particular date simply because, apparently, it is not happening fast enough to suit certain members of the senate. I have not read where this has been requested by the University administration, students or even by your constituents and does not seem to take into account any study regarding economic impact or even if a 12th state university is even needed at all. Forcing this independence could actually delay or prevent, rather than foster, USF Polytechnic’s move to being solid, independent university in the future.

In addition, it also appears that cuts will be made to USF’s budget that is wildly disproportionate with the other universities. To us taxpayers, this seems to be a retaliatory due to the fact the USF Polytechnic did not get immediate independence at the referenced Board of Governor’s meeting. This huge and unfair cut is devastating to USF and to the economic recovery of this region. USF will lose $128 million by July 1, 2012.

The cuts directly threaten the students. USF will have to reduce academic programs and classes, close summer sessions, start-ups for key hires in marine science and health, and specific instructional needs of academic departments.

A massive cut to USF threatens the economic recovery of the Tampa Bay region. USF is being treated unfairly in the Senate budget in total and percentage amounts, including the costs of absorbing USF Polytechnic and loss of funding for the College of Pharmacy.

Faculty and students at USF Polytechnic, according to several published articles and documents, are very much against this heavy-handed measure and it seems that the majority of the state’s newspapers, magazines and internet publications question the reasoning and motive behind this modification and inequity.

I respectfully ask that you remove this language from S7100 and restore equitable funding to Florida’s universities before needless harm is done to the economy and economic recovery of the Tampa Bay region. Let the USF Polytechnic faculty, administrators and students move forward to meet the benchmarks set by the Board of Governors as a fully accredited and supported institution.

Ricky I copied your letter as it was much better than anything I could have come up with. Hope you don't mind.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Tampa, needs to begin the boycott of everything Lakeland. Nothing talks louder than money and it's the only thing that can get these D**kheads attention anymore.I suggest filling your gas tank outside of Lakeland, No Lakeland citrus, no Meth from Lakeland and don't even eat a Snickers Bar there. Without Tampa money Lakeland is just another ****hole in Central Florida. Ask the Susan G. Komen Foundation what they think about social media now. i say bury this guy.

My letter:

Senator Lynn,

I was shocked and dismayed by your introduction of language to S7100 which goes against the reasoned and thoughtful benchmarks set by the Board of Governors and forces USF Polytechnic’s independence by a particular date simply because, apparently, it is not happening fast enough to suit certain members of the senate. I have not read where this has been requested by the University administration, students or even by your constituents and does not seem to take into account any study regarding economic impact or even if a 12th state university is even needed at all. Forcing this independence could actually delay or prevent, rather than foster, USF Polytechnic’s move to being solid, independent university in the future.

In addition, it also appears that cuts will be made to USF’s budget that is wildly disproportionate with the other universities. To us taxpayers, this seems to be a retaliatory due to the fact the USF Polytechnic did not get immediate independence at the referenced Board of Governor’s meeting. This huge and unfair cut is devastating to USF and to the economic recovery of this region. USF will lose $128 million by July 1, 2012.

The cuts directly threaten the students. USF will have to reduce academic programs and classes, close summer sessions, start-ups for key hires in marine science and health, and specific instructional needs of academic departments.

A massive cut to USF threatens the economic recovery of the Tampa Bay region. USF is being treated unfairly in the Senate budget in total and percentage amounts, including the costs of absorbing USF Polytechnic and loss of funding for the College of Pharmacy.

Faculty and students at USF Polytechnic, according to several published articles and documents, are very much against this heavy-handed measure and it seems that the majority of the state’s newspapers, magazines and internet publications question the reasoning and motive behind this modification and inequity.

I respectfully ask that you remove this language from S7100 and restore equitable funding to Florida’s universities before needless harm is done to the economy and economic recovery of the Tampa Bay region. Let the USF Polytechnic faculty, administrators and students move forward to meet the benchmarks set by the Board of Governors as a fully accredited and supported institution.

Ricky your letter was well reasoned, thoughtful and will sway some informed people in the state government. Unfortunately I believe that those parties are a small minority of our government and political system. I think that the only way to make an impact is via the nuclear option. I am unsure which track will produce results but I believe it is prudent to proceed on both fronts. My focus in the upcoming days will be on broadcast media, as I believe they may be the fastest most expedient path to exposing the ridiculous nature of the Senator's vendetta. Coming about, ready the guns........As an aside I have written letters to all of my reps on the east coast and to that bald headed idiot in Tallahassse. If this goes through and Rickhead signs it, I suggest a recall effort for our esteemed Gov.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I say we go to the media

I'm not talking about local news stations.

We need to start notifying national news agencies, ABC, NBC, CNN, MSNBC.

Heck even things like the Daily show if need be.

I'm serious about this. When you watch those national broadcasts and they feature some story about a local issue somewhere, where do you think it starts?

By local people submitting it to them, letting them know what is happening.

We all need to make a collective stand

I say we go to the media

I'm not talking about local news stations.

We need to start notifying national news agencies, ABC, NBC, CNN, MSNBC.

Heck even things like the Daily show if need be.

I'm serious about this. When you watch those national broadcasts and they feature some story about a local issue somewhere, where do you think it starts?

By local people submitting it to them, letting them know what is happening.

We all need to make a collective stand

Absolutely right. We give then untll tomorrow and then we start playing by their rules. Social media brought the Komen foundation and the dictator of Egypt to their knees. Here is a beautiful tidbit.

Senator Evelyn J. Lynn

is renowned for her recent legislation which repealed a ban on "coasting" on Florida highways. That was her only significant legislation prior to supporting JD and his witch hunt.I want to know one thing only, Where can you 'coast" on a Florida Highway and what what advantage does it give this purported criminal and how does law enforcement apprehend this alleged coaster? I quote from her comments on her favorite bill

“There is no logical reason for a law that puts the brakes on commonsense practices such as efficient driving. It’s not that Floridians want to scoot around in Flintstone-mobiles. We just don’t want or need a mandate that prevents us from a safe and helpful tactic such as coasting.â€

Wow. If one of you humble posters wrote that on here you would get torn a complete new one, She actually approved a press release that says the law "puts the brakes on". and "Flintstone-mobile" Too hysterical. And when you thought it couldn't get any richer she says this

“We are accelerating the deregulation process"

this crap belongs in the catskills.I couldn't even make this stuff up. her other big legislative achievement

Senator Lynn Helps St. Johns River State College Codify Name

Now she wants to defund the 3rd largest University in FL.

Someone less pissed off than i needs to write this grinning monkey,

s007.jpg

http://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/S7

Sorry but ignorant people really piss me off.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

418601_10150683247599180_613634179_11377413_645422826_n.jpg

I am in F'n tears

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Buddy of mine made this

http://www.change.or...iversity-system

Signed!

Done as well.

This turd has walked into a hornets nest and ain't got nar a bit of spray... We need to stampede all over the &^%*@#$ place until this **** is halted in its tracks.

A buddy of mine suggested whipping up a mess of photoshop pictures making fun of him, posting them on blogs, and filling up the net. If its his legacy that he is worried about, enough crap on the net will quickly tarnish that.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Tampa, needs to begin the boycott of everything Lakeland. Nothing talks louder than money and it's the only thing that can get these D**kheads attention anymore.I suggest filling your gas tank outside of Lakeland, No Lakeland citrus, no Meth from Lakeland and don't even eat a Snickers Bar there. Without Tampa money Lakeland is just another ****hole in Central Florida. Ask the Susan G. Komen Foundation what they think about social media now. i say bury this guy.

As a USF grad that was raised in Lakeland, and still has immediate family members employed there, I just want to say let's not get TOO carried away ...

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

As a USF grad that was raised in Lakeland, and still has immediate family members employed there, I just want to say let's not get TOO carried away ...

Ok.. Fine;

Everyone, Meth is still ok

Archived