• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

That time of year... (PST)

mutt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Went last year, waited a long time for Holtz, but I have to say it was worth it. Very crowded inside. Loved the excitement from fellow bulls fans. Hope that will translate into a better season next year.

I would like to see him bring some players with him to have them walk around and talk to fans if possible.

More coaches would also be nice.

Like the raffle which made the time go by. I would have some of the TV's playing the best of Bulls games it will give the fans something to talk about and reminisce.

Finally, have special commemorative stickers or buttons (T-shirts) given out (sold if it is a T-shirt) that Holtz is aware of and when he sees people in August as the Fan fest he will know they came to that event.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Love the T-shirt idea. Maybe you can get someone on the board with mad photoshop skills to mock one up?

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Not being from the area, can someone explain the event?

P-A-R-T-Y!

Mutt and Co. put together a get-together of BULLS fans at Capogna's Dugout in Clearwater,FL. They're able to get Coach Holtz over for a meet-n-greet where he answers any and all questions. They set up a video stream of BULLS highlights, food and drink specials, Bulls Outfitters sets up some retail deals, Mutt has an annual beer mug for the event, cheerleaders, some HOT, games and just a generally great time.

I'm sure I left out some things, but the bottom line is that it's an afternoon where Capogna's allows BULLS fans to take over their sports pub and talk BULLS.

Sounds very cool. Wish I was around to attend. Thanks for explaining the event

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

This is always a great time. This event officially marks the beginning of the hype for the new season. I wouldn't miss it. Mutt and the folks who set it up always do a wonderful job and they are greatly appreciated.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I've been to all six of them, ALL good!

I have six mugs, being the artist that you are, a logo that shows 7th Annual Pre-Season Tailgate and the year would be awesome! I know the mug would cost a little more...

Let me know if I can help.

I second this idea.

Custom logo's and items with the logo on them are big seller's at motorcycle rallies and such... hell some people ride out to a rally just to stop long enough to get a patch, poster, t-shirt, or something else with the event logo on it.

Could be a good way to make $$ to use towards building this into an even bigger hootenany, or hell you could even get enough $$ so you could make it into a shindig.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

The web site is still there and your's if you want it. Tell me what you want different and I'll get 'er done. Any other help you need, just let me know.

What about getting Rocky, the cheerleaders, and a portion of HOT? I know all charge a fee. I'm willing to donate to a fund to get one or all of them. Donations can also be set up on the web site.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Well as always, I thank all of YOU cause without you it wouldn't be a proper party ....(singing "Red Solo Cup")

First, to explain the event. It started as a joke between a few friends on how we could get the BULLS football highlight tape to watch in the off-season. This idea however started to gain popularity between the truly insane BULLS fanatics out there so we decided to have a party at the same place we watch the BULLS during football season watch parties (Capogna's Dugout). We had some friends who worked in the Athletic Department (to get the tape) and since we would watch it in the summer It turned into the "Preseason Tailgate". This little party of friends turned into an annual event that has seen thousands of BULLS fans over the years (we've had people drive from Orlando and Fort Myers before) Every year I invite The Head Coach of USF football to come out and speak and take questions about the upcoming season (Coach Holtz is a helluva speaker btw). Capogna's has food and drink specials and lets me sell beer mugs for $10 that they fill for $2 (believe me you'll like them), Craig from BULLS Outfitter comes by and sets up the latest in BULLS merchandise, In the past we've had reps from Bulls Club, Season Ticket sales, and USF Alumni. We've had the Herd of Thunder, Cheerleaders and Sundolls, Rocky, Ex football players (and others), We've had a book signing from ex B-Ball player Tony Grier, We play games, Give away prizes,and generally have a good time celebrating the USF BULLS.

Second, I've Previously thought of inviting ALL of the coaches from every sport to come and speak, but this would interfere with the "Around the Horns" (sit-down dinner) event and I wouldn't want to take anything away from that experience. If you get a chance, I highly suggest it. BUT, I do like the idea of someone grabbing the essence of this event and running with it (possibly with coach Heath and USF B-Ball).

Also, I LOVE the sticker, button or patch idea. I'll have to look into getting something "Preseason Tailgate based" to hand out, but since it's only my bank account to pay for stuff (D.J. Jake, beer mugs and such), believe me, (being a teacher) I don't have many options. We did sell shirts when I was affiliated with the AA, but we had to eat a few of them. Rocky, H.O.T. and the cheer squads have always hooked me up and have been extremely gracious over the years as well.

Furthermore, I think the logo will stay the same with a small yearly change to distinguish it from other events. I'd like to "brand" this event as a unique experience with a look that could be replicated by other people or organizations with new ideas. (logo below)

footbull2.jpg

By usfmutt at 2009-06-30

Finally, this party is for all of us, the fans. I hate the concept of charging people money so they can participate in what everyone in Florida should be celebrating anyway the USF BULLS ! As always, if there is anyone out there who wants to help set up the event, If you'd like to take pictures or video (to broadcast over the web), if you're a BULLS fan who wants to party, or might have BULLS related Merchandise to sell (compliance-based), or knows a BULL-friendly business who would like to offer discounts for BULLS fans, I will never charge anyone to show up. (but you can alway buy a mug if you want one...LOL) Thanks to everyone, especially, Swamprat. He is a good friend man who bleeds Green and Gold. Brad, who is the king of TBP (who let's me rant) and BDYZR who always carries the torch for BULLS COUNTRY !!! Enthusiasm is contagious people, Let's do this... -Mutt

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Swamprat, email me when you get a chance... -mutt

Archived