• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athletic District Concessions

KB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I like the Taco Bus idea someone mentioned above. I know it is not Aramark, but I honestly believe getting contracts with some of the local food trucks on Tampa to come to sporting events. Some for baseball, some for football, etc. This way, we help out local foods and businesses, while serving unique foods in a unique way many places havent tried. If not at sporting events, then we should do this on campus in general. Have a handful of trucks at different spots around campus(Medicine area, college of business, greek village, etc), and have them come on different days too.

Ex. Mondays and Thursdays Taco Bus comes to campus. Tuesdays and Fridays Wicked Witches comes to school.

I love this idea. Plus the local food trucks would give visiting fans a real taste of the local fare here in tampa instead of generic concession stand food.

This or something similar would be great.

LOCAL FOOD like Taco Bus.. not just standard plain crap

Green beer!!!

Or have Yuengling supporting and have a small area for Beef's since they started here...

we can build a strong foundation with them both.

Of all places, this is where FIU got it right. If anyone went to the USF game, (or is from Miami and actually went to any FIU game...) they have local venders selling food in the stadium

It smells SO GOOD with all the spanish food all over.

Screw Yuengling, how about Tampa Bay Brewing Company or Cigar City, two truly local breweries.

I think creating partnerships with local vendors and businesses is a great idea... Beef's, California Tacos and Taco bus are the ones that standout most. I also think Yuengling and Tampa Bay Brewing Company is a great idea as well. Who wouldn't want local beer at the games instead of plain miller light or bud light...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

I like the Taco Bus idea someone mentioned above. I know it is not Aramark, but I honestly believe getting contracts with some of the local food trucks on Tampa to come to sporting events. Some for baseball, some for football, etc. This way, we help out local foods and businesses, while serving unique foods in a unique way many places havent tried. If not at sporting events, then we should do this on campus in general. Have a handful of trucks at different spots around campus(Medicine area, college of business, greek village, etc), and have them come on different days too.

Ex. Mondays and Thursdays Taco Bus comes to campus. Tuesdays and Fridays Wicked Witches comes to school.

I love this idea. Plus the local food trucks would give visiting fans a real taste of the local fare here in tampa instead of generic concession stand food.

Green beer!!!

Or have Yuengling supporting and have a small area for Beef's since they started here...

Of all places, this is where FIU got it right. If anyone went to the USF game, (or is from Miami and actually went to any FIU game...) they have local venders selling food in the stadium

Screw Yuengling, how about Tampa Bay Brewing Company or Cigar City, two truly local breweries.

Talk to Joey at Cigar City, he would like to be a part of helping USF but he needs to cover his cost and he is an not a cheap beer maker. Tampa Bay Brewing Company could not produce enough with their facilities. Ybor City brewing is now brewed by a contract company in West Palm, so they are out. My thought would be a combination of Cigar City, two breweries in Duneden

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

cigar city

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

cigar city

This would be amazing! I would never buy a American Light, but I would definitely throw back a few Cigar City beers at a game.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Green beer!!!

Talk to Joey at Cigar City, he would like to be a part of helping USF but he needs to cover his cost and he is an not a cheap beer maker. Tampa Bay Brewing Company could not produce enough with their facilities. Ybor City brewing is now brewed by a contract company in West Palm, so they are out. My thought would be a combination of Cigar City, two breweries in Duneden

Well, they sell Cigar City Beer at Rays games so I'm sure USF could find a way to make it happen if they so desired.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

A $12 12oz Cigar City Jai Alai...

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Although JaiAlai is my favorite beer, I'm NOT paying $12.00 for one. Most taps are in the $6.00 range with some even less.

Although JaiAlai is my favorite beer, I'm NOT paying $12.00 for one. Most taps are in the $6.00 range with some even less.

A $12 JaiAlai is a lot more attractive than an $8 bud lite. That said, my previous comment of throwing back a few Cigar City beers at a game would be reduced to throwing back a single Cigar City at a game.

For $6 a beer I'd probably have three. For $8 I might have two, anything more and I'd have 1 or 0.

Also, I love the food truck idea. Would be amazing to have some local food trucks at the games. There were local food trucks parked outside of the Great American Beer Festival in Denver last year. It was amazing to grab some food truck food heading in/out of the event.

Would be sweet to somehow get the food trucks able to park so there were access from inside the stadium.

Added comment, since I know the food truck idea is awesome and I really don't see it happening, how about trying to get a famous chef to put together some type of sauces or food combinations that could be unique to USF. I think that would be the next best thing.

Having Guy Fieri come buy to do a D,D,&D at the baseball stadium concession stand would be out of this world.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Green beer!!!

+1000 Add Cold Storage

The Independent on Florida Ave is agreat place to "sample" some of Tamps'a finest brews.

Archived