• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs St Johns Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

This team is developing nicely. I don't think it is time to get too up in arms over this win.....but it is a nice blowout of another BE team not named DePaul or Rutgers....which is rare for USF.

I am thinking....if things play out right...USF may have a shot at a NIT bid. I figure they need 5 more BE wins to do that. I'm thinking if they can get to 16-15 (9-9) they probably get an NIT invite. They probably would need to win at least one at MSG in the BE tourney.

They still have 2 games against Pitt, Providence....Nova at home and DePaul on the road. If they can split with Pitt and win the other 4.....that might be enough. I still don't think it is likely.....but if they can upset one of the other 7 upcoming games....then we would have more of a shot.

Right now we need Nova and Seton Hall to play well, as well as Cleveland State. Those are probably our only wins of any "quality".

I think we can do better.

let's be honest-this team has been competitive in every Big East game it's played this year, and barely lost to UConn. We beat a good Seton Hall team too.

Taking care of business is not something USF has done with regularity, neither as a football team or a basketball team. Win the games we're supposed to win and don't feel so bad that we haven't seen a majority of the harder games yet-this team still needs to continue to develop and gel, and that's what you do right now against the schedule.

Get to the ranked teams as they come. In the mean time, take care of business and continue to RPI boost and the NCAA might call our name in several weeks.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Strong Defense and making Free-Throws. Two qualities of a championship team. (Not saying we're a championship team, just that we have some qualities of one).

Not much to complain about, but there is still room for improvement. Need to clean up passes a bit more and work on breaking the full-court press.

Great to see Rudd break out, maybe that means he will play better. Collins is a great PG; he should be on the All-Big East Freshman team at the end of the season. Ron Anderson is a beast. He works harder than anyone and gets his buckets and boards the hard way.

I'm not ready to talk any post-season tournaments yet. We have 12 games to go and they're only going to get more difficult after Sunday. I'll start thinking post-season about the 2nd week of February. Focus needs to be the Big East and trying to finish in the top 8.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Karma from the SunTrust has played a big part and the TBT Forum has tried to make us feel at home ..... Sorry for crummy cell phone photos:

0113121834.jpg

1123112040.jpg

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Outstanding win!

Looks like they're playing like they expect to win these games. As well they should. St. John's looked atrocious against Georgetown and I figured we would eat them alive. Tied for fourth in the BE (half-game behind G'Town, one game behind UC for second). Maybe now ESPN will get their graphics right (they were still showing us BEHIND Notre Dame even though we clearly had the better conference record going into tonight's game!).

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Well I hope we can do better. But I still recall the Auburn and Southern Miss loses. This team has some Jeckyl/Hyde traits to it but I think a lot of that is youth and development.

Not to get too far ahead of myself....but what I am really looking forward to is seeing how this team does NEXT year......with losing Gilchrist, Anderson Jr. and Robertson but with the additions of Omogbehin, Austin, Abdul-Aleem, Hawkins and Brock.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Victor Rudd gets Sportscenters #1 Play 4 his God'sgift Posterization

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Good win. Let's keep it rolling

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

That was closer to an offensive foul than it looked live .... If God'sgift's feet are touching that line, does that negate any chance of a charge?

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

That was closer to an offensive foul than it looked live .... If God'sgift's feet are touching that line, does that negate any chance of a charge?

Yes. Feet have to be outside the line to get the charge if the call is made properly.

Boy he blew that guy up!!! Just knew Rudd was looking for a big dunk because the previous fast break opportunity I saw him pissed off at Robertson when he didn't give Rudd the ball streaking on the right side towards the goal. Vic was was going nuts because he had that finish if he'd gotten the pass.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Replay of the game on right now on BHSN from 1pm till 3pm

Archived