• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alright Heath

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

^^^ supposed to be an edit.

Ive been a depressed usf fan since 1997 but overall a very happy person. :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

All Big East teams pride themselves on basketball than us. Ive learned to live with it and still root for them.

That's because every other Big East team has had more to be proud about in basketball than us ...

We want to get to a point where 8 conference wins (.500) is not an accomplishment.

I don't think anyone here will disagree with you ...

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

A win over Rutgers and you guys are talking NCAA tourney? Please.

Well considering we should be 2-0 in the Big East with a win over #9 UCOnn...not so hard to believe. If the AC can continue to excute and the team stays focused who knows what can happen.

You can't be serious? Forgive my ignorance but do you know anything about basketball? We beat freaking Rutgers, and lost to UConn who played terrible for much of the game against USF. USF will be lucky to win 4-5 games again in the Big East. No matter what some of you people think, this will be close to (if not over) a 20 loss team.

• Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

Well considering we should be 2-0 in the Big East with a win over #9 UCOnn...not so hard to believe. If the AC can continue to excute and the team stays focused who knows what can happen.

You can't be serious? Forgive my ignorance but do you know anything about basketball? We beat freaking Rutgers, and lost to UConn who played terrible for much of the game against USF. USF will be lucky to win 4-5 games again in the Big East. No matter what some of you people think, this will be close to (if not over) a 20 loss team.

I can see why would say that but, I have watched plenty of basketball and up north in the New England area where most pick-up teams would have blown out just about all of the recent USF teams. This team will be just fine if they continue to follow AC's lead and Gus continues to be physical and if Poland and RAJ make some key shots they have a shot to be a pretty decent team. Now its time excute.

• Content Count:  10,565

We want to get to a point where 8 conference wins (.500) is not an accomplishment.

You meant 9

• Content Count:  7,780

It was a question to elicit peoples thoughts (apparently it has worked)....this is part of the reason we are all on here.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Just returned from my remote mountain cabin to a world where UF lost to Rutgers and USF beat Rutgers within four days. Never know what 2012 may have in store, what with that crazy Mayan calendar and all.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Keep in mind...if USF wins 8 BE conference games....more than likely that would mean USF would be an NIT team.

I don't see this team winning 8 BE games this season......if they did.....that would be much more than "decent" for this team.

I think most on this board would be happy with going to the NIT this season.....I would.....but I don't see that happening.....sounds like pure fantasy.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Remember when we beat ND in football, then the next 3 games, and we talked about a BCS game?

Yes we played UConn well. Yes we beat Rutgers. Lets not get too excited. Remember last MBB season, it was horrible.

I hope we do well and improve upon last season, but I think the Tourney is out of the question. I'd be happy to get past the first game in BE conf play, and maybe NIT. That would be great.

I like Heath and I think he has the toughest job in the BE, selling USF against some top ranked programs. I hope we kill it, but at minimum I'd like a litle post season action for a change.

CSH, I hope you knock em dead.....

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

No disrespect but we are the only fanbase that would think 8 wins in conference with a nice upset is a decent season.

(and here comes the attack from the faithful)

LOL ... It's not disrespect, it's called "reality". We've averaged just under 4 conference wins during our time in the Big East ... we've won more than 3 games in conference only twice... Calling an 8 win season, decent, FOR USF, is probably an understatement.

Lol Hawkeye didn't even let me post my 3...2...1.. reply to Bruce.

Anyways a .500 record in any conference for Stan Heath is considered a great accomplishment for him. In the last 10 years Heath has only led his teams to a .500 or better record twice. Going 10-6 in the SEC with the 2005-06 Razorbacks and going 8-8 with the 09-10 Bulls team.

Another fun fact that I been working on when given the time is finding a worse Head Coach then Stan Heath these last 10 seasons. There are 345 D-1 schools so I still have a little ways to go, but as it stands Heath has the 2nd worse record of any Head Coach in D-1. Only person I found with worse record then him is Will Brown the coach at Albany. Coming into this season Brown had a record of 129-165 since 2001-02. So is Brown a worse HC then Heath? Coaching at Albany has to be harder then coaching at USF and Arkansas.

Dude has been coaching in the two of the most difficult basketball conferences in the nation.

Archived