• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alright Heath

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

and, again, my point remains the same. We are the only fans in the BE that would think an 8 conference win season is a decent season.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,731
  • Days Won:  425

and, again, my point remains the same. We are the only fans in the BE that would think an 8 conference win season is a decent season.

Can't speak for Blue Demon fans but, considering they've only won a total of 2 games over the last 3 years, I'd think an 8 win season for them may elicit some "decent" comments ...

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So, what is your point?

This thread started with a post that the team is better and recruiting is better. Instead of, "Great job, Coach Heath", there is a threat that expectations are higher and no more excuses. Then there is criticism that the bar isn't high enough.

This is the most depressing fan base in college sports.

• Content Count:  5,982

No disrespect but we are the only fanbase that would think 8 wins in conference with a nice upset is a decent season.

(and here comes the attack from the faithful)

LOL ... It's not disrespect, it's called "reality". We've averaged just under 4 conference wins during our time in the Big East ... we've won more than 3 games in conference only twice... Calling an 8 win season, decent, FOR USF, is probably an understatement.

Lol Hawkeye didn't even let me post my 3...2...1.. reply to Bruce.

Anyways a .500 record in any conference for Stan Heath is considered a great accomplishment for him. In the last 10 years Heath has only led his teams to a .500 or better record twice. Going 10-6 in the SEC with the 2005-06 Razorbacks and going 8-8 with the 09-10 Bulls team.

Another fun fact that I been working on when given the time is finding a worse Head Coach then Stan Heath these last 10 seasons. There are 345 D-1 schools so I still have a little ways to go, but as it stands Heath has the 2nd worse record of any Head Coach in D-1. Only person I found with worse record then him is Will Brown the coach at Albany. Coming into this season Brown had a record of 129-165 since 2001-02. So is Brown a worse HC then Heath? Coaching at Albany has to be harder then coaching at USF and Arkansas.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,731
  • Days Won:  425

No disrespect but we are the only fanbase that would think 8 wins in conference with a nice upset is a decent season.

(and here comes the attack from the faithful)

LOL ... It's not disrespect, it's called "reality". We've averaged just under 4 conference wins during our time in the Big East ... we've won more than 3 games in conference only twice... Calling an 8 win season, decent, FOR USF, is probably an understatement.

Lol Hawkeye didn't even let me post my 3...2...1.. reply to Bruce.

Anyways a .500 record in any conference for Stan Heath is considered a great accomplishment for him. In the last 10 years Heath has only led his teams to a .500 or better record twice. Going 10-6 in the SEC with the 2005-06 Razorbacks and going 8-8 with the 09-10 Bulls team.

Another fun fact that I been working on when given the time is finding a worse Head Coach then Stan Heath these last 10 seasons. There are 345 D-1 schools so I still have a little ways to go, but as it stands Heath has the 2nd worse record of any Head Coach in D-1. Only person I found with worse record then him is Will Brown the coach at Albany. Coming into this season Brown had a record of 129-165 since 2001-02. So is Brown a worse HC then Heath? Coaching at Albany has to be harder then coaching at USF and Arkansas.

See, Herm, even Vega agrees with me .... "Decent" was an understatement for an 8 conference win season.

• Content Count:  1,011

A win over Rutgers and you guys are talking NCAA tourney? Please.

So, what is your point?

This thread started with a post that the team is better and recruiting is better. Instead of, "Great job, Coach Heath", there is a threat that expectations are higher and no more excuses. Then there is criticism that the bar isn't high enough.

its a reality check

Tampa and St Pete are ranked 1 and 4 in most depressing cities. welcome.

All Big East teams pride themselves on basketball than us. Ive learned to live with it and still root for them.

We want to get to a point where 8 conference wins (.500) is not an accomplishment.

• Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

A win over Rutgers and you guys are talking NCAA tourney? Please.

Well considering we should be 2-0 in the Big East with a win over #9 UCOnn...not so hard to believe. If the AC can continue to excute and the team stays focused who knows what can happen.

So, what is your point?

its a reality check

we dont win ****, can you blame the depression?

Tampa and St Pete are ranked 1 and 4 in most depressing cities. welcome.

Archived