• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Highly Recommended for those that enjoy a good ale

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Impressive...I'm just not that experimental...I am enjoying the Blue Moon again this evening.

Is Hubb's Pub still around? Years ago they boasted on 300+ beers (bottled) and 30 drafts. Spent a lot of time and brain cells there. That was really before the micro-brew sensation and most of their 300 were from around the world. Loved that place.

I don't think it's in tampa anymore atleast not that I know of. Sounds like you would love Dunderbak's which is a German Biergarten that specializes in German and European beer but has a good amount of American craft beer, a huge bottle selection, and some great German comfort food.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

Had this last night at dinner, a brew from Tucson. Ever heard of it?

17533.jpg

I've never heard of it but that label is all kinds of awesome.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

I was imbibing at Dunderbaks back in its University Square Mall days. Favorite beer for a long time was Hacker Pschort Octoberfest. Yum.

Brad via BullPhone

Had a Founders Double Trouble and a Surly Coffee Bender after work today, as the great warrior poet Ice Cube would say "Today was a good day".

Picked these up last night after work! Epic Score! Hopslam isn't as good as last years batch but is still VERY good the Lagunitas Imperial Red is AMAZING! I highly reccomend it for anyone who loves a good hoppy Red. Lagunitas has been killing it the last few months between Lagunitas Sucks Holiday Ale and this and their stuff is always at a great price point.

mb26hj.jpg

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Dozer, you oughta take a beer drinking trip up to Asheville, NC - lots of great microbreweries there, and stop here in Atlanta, they have a restaurant/bar here called Taco Mac, they have over 300 + beers available like Brad was talking about with Hubbs Pub. The beer flows like wine up here. If you ever stop by, let me know and I'll buy you a round.

• Topic Count:  1,032
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Days Won:  10

I'm going to a beer tasting that a coworker won at Dunderbak's on 3/11.... can't wait.

Made it to the Dunedin Brewery on Friday and they have outstanding beer at $3.50 a pint. Plus, you can walk/stagger to main street and take in the bars and shops for a nice evening afterwards.

Dozer, you oughta take a beer drinking trip up to Asheville, NC - lots of great microbreweries there, and stop here in Atlanta, they have a restaurant/bar here called Taco Mac, they have over 300 + beers available like Brad was talking about with Hubbs Pub. The beer flows like wine up here. If you ever stop by, let me know and I'll buy you a round.

Yeah Asheville is definitely on the road trip agenda some time in the next couple of years. My brother in law is actually from Asheville. I've heard really good things about Taco Mac and I have a good friend that lives in Atlanta I just need to get my ass in gear one weekend and drive up there. If I'm in the neighboorhood ill definitely PM you so we can grab a few beers.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm going to a beer tasting that a coworker won at Dunderbak's on 3/11.... can't wait.

Made it to the Dunedin Brewery on Friday and they have outstanding beer at $3.50 a pint. Plus, you can walk/stagger to main street and take in the bars and shops for a nice evening afterwards.

Dunedin Brewery has some great craft beers. If you make it to their Oktoberfest celebration, it's worth investing the $30 for a Dunedin Brewery Liter-sized mug. These mugs are only available during the Oktoberfest celebration. Any time you come back, it's only $6 to refill. I've had mine a while, and it's more than paid for itself.

On the local craft beer tip in Hillsborough both Cigar City Brewery and Ybor City Brewing Company are making some excellent local brews as well. You'll have lots of places to check out when you make your way back here, Brad.