• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Commit?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

1. Will he be a walk on ? Or will we use a scholly on this guy?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

1. Will he be a walk on ? Or will we use a scholly on this guy?

he's a walk-on why don't y'all read the articles carefully

Edited by K-Rock Da Bull

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Ian Randolph came to USF from Webber, if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully, we can harness another steal from Webber.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

was it just me or did he look a lot more aggressive in the Sumo ring than on the field? He looked angry in their, but complacent on the field.

maybe he doesn't like asian people?

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

was it just me or did he look a lot more aggressive in the Sumo ring than on the field? He looked angry in their, but complacent on the field.

maybe he doesn't like asian people?

or maybe something about large men in diapers sparks his ire. lol.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

I think y'all are spot on and this guy is exactly what we have been missing. A plug in the middle and a guy that won't get driven back by the bigger O-lines. Granted the past few years we have been getting better at stopping the 4th and 1 and goal-line stances.

This guy will allow our athletic D-ends and LB/s to really get at the QB as well as let someone like Barrington who isn't a huge LB but moves very well to play the middle and fill the gaps. He won't get the stats but will take up two OL every time and keep his ground. At least that's what I'm hoping he will be able to do. Sam only has one year left and needs to be able to roam, if so he's lights out.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

Also I'm hoping he actually comes through on his promise to get to the NFL and does what is needed to get there. I watched a documentary on Sumo wrestlers and they are well trained athletes in their own rite, and if he has that dedication, he will become a scary athlete with our food and nutrition program and weight training programs.

This is also a case were the athlete is actually bigger than listed, no way this guy is 280, unless he's 5'8. Q came in a lot bigger but didn't go through the rigorous training and nutrition programs(if you want to call them that) that he has so the sky could be the limit with this kid, he definitely is top heavy which is nice to see for once. Who knows I remember we had a similar situation with a German kid, but I'm going to give this kid the benefit of the doubt after having at least performed at a competitive level of some kind.

I really would love to see us use the 3-4 with him if he pans out, think about who we have returning at LB and all four deserve playing time, plus would allow Lanaris to be on the field to lead everyone.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

How many years of eligibility will he have if he transfers here or walks on? Looks like a player we could use on 1st and goal plays. Looks out of shape and needs a lot of conditioning, part of why I asked about his eligibility.

Edited by BullFan98

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

23 year old walk on with limited football experience. Probably learning english too so there's another difficulty for school purposes. and the sumo experience won't make him ready for dealing with cut blocks or moving laterally to defend the run. I wouldn't expect anything but a scout team body provided he can even get or stay in school.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  1

Think about it this way just pretend he is a high school senior how many stars would you give him? He looks legit. I think he can come in a contribute right away. He has to have the work ethic bc sumo wrestling is one of the hardest sports to train for. You have to train in a sumo wrestling camp for years to even compete. Just look how good he is with his limited football experience with most likely bad facitilies. I think he is gonna shine in my opinion. If you look at it if he was a senior in highschool