• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ryan Mossakowski, QB, NW Mississippi CC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Skip Holtz and company should go after a JUCO QB like Ryan Mossakowski. He would be able to play right away and continue to push the QBs that USF currently has.

• Content Count:  1,204

He would be a good get, but we'd likely have to commit to having an open competition at QB next year and I'm not sure our coaches would be willing to do that. He's going to want to go somewhere where he's likely to start next year.

I'd love to get him and give him the chance to win the job and have him for a year after BJ leaves at worst, but he's going to want to start for two seasons.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Chances of getting a Texas kid who previously signed with an sec school are pretty slim. For something like that to even be remotely possible the kid would have to have some connection to Florida of some sort like Darrel Scott did.

• Content Count:  36

From what I remember this year Skip said there was an open competition at QB. I definitely do not think he is averse to having someone come in and compete. If you could have mossakowski or a crist for a year and make a run with the only thing holding you back is hurting B.J. Daniels' feelings would you do it? I think yes. As unrealistic as i think landing a qb like mossakowski is I still think we need someone to seriously compete with B.J. in the Spring whether its Floyd or someone else. He's got the job security of a king right now and if competition breeds excellence then we have a long way to go..

Skip is the one who came out of the summer saying that BJ was far ahead of eveld, who in turn, was far ahead of Floyd. Given that he's not pursuing a juco and that he was ok with cameron (who was never going to beat out BJ as a freshman) I have to assume skip is ok with the depth chart the way it is or he thinks eveld or floyd are going to make a move.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

What makes you think he's not pursuing a juco QB?

I'm sure Skip is not happy with the QB situation and is looking hard for a better one. But quietly.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Because it hasn't been reported in the media, that's why. If it's not on the internet somewhere, it's not true. [/sarcasm]

Because it hasn't been reported in the media, that's why. If it's not on the internet somewhere, it's not true. [/sarcasm]

You can mock it, but given the number of outlets who focus on recruiting (paid and free) and the relatively few number of quarterbacks at the juco level these things get out over time.

Doesn't meanit could not happen at all but it does not appear to be happening.

• Content Count:  4,642

I'm sure Skip is not happy with the QB situation and is looking hard for a better one. But quietly.

why quietly? let everyone know what's going on. we need something to spark this team.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,704
  • Days Won:  424

why quietly? let everyone know what's going on. we need something to spark this team.

The season is over ... Next organized football is in spring ... who needs a spark now?

Archived