• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN Commentary Disappointing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

omg! I can't believe they didn't spend every second of the broadcast drooling over two bad football teams fighting for irrelevance...

A bit of an exaggeration.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Aside from 30 for 30/E60 ESPN is always disappointing,

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Watched with the sound down, like I usually do when just Mrs. S and I are watching.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

simmer down now bearded martin....we achieved irrelevance weeks ago...lol, we finally won something

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

on the same note-- this is one of the worst and least entertaining Game Day shows I've ever sat through--- we get it-- Penn State is a big deal

didn't you cover this 24x7 for the past week already? do we REALLY need to rehash this same garbage again for two more hours? We get it-- you care. Let us watch some football and try not to dwell on this junk anymore.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I like Joe Tessitore. He's got a great voice and good play by play. He reminds me of Chris Fowler without all the arrogance and insulting comments (when doing USF games).

But really? A matchup between Cuse and USF and you don't expect ESPN to turn it into a three hour commercial? If either team had any relevance whatsoever, it would be different. That's just a bad matchup for ESPN to have. I assume they expected us not to be three plays away from 7-1.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I would have much preferred Tessitore's "great voice" to stick to the "good play by play" calling of the game at hand and not have dialogue about another game on another day while plays are being run. I get it, its a business, but chat it up after the action on the field is over.... going into commercial, etc. Not when we are running plays. I also get most of the viewing audience throughout the country were not USF or SU fans.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I would guess you would, as would I. However, ESPN sees it differently. It's not the announcers that virtually leave the game to advertise other games, it's likely the producers that know they have to pitch other games, keep attention, etc.

I don't begrudge you wanting them to stay focused on our game, I do too, but I also know what a horrible lightweight matchup it was. They don't care about USF, they care about viewership.

This is not a first, it happens quite a bit.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

I would guess you would, as would I. However, ESPN sees it differently. It's not the announcers that virtually leave the game to advertise other games, it's likely the producers that know they have to pitch other games, keep attention, etc.

I don't begrudge you wanting them to stay focused on our game, I do too, but I also know what a horrible lightweight matchup it was. They don't care about USF, they care about viewership.

This is not a first, it happens quite a bit.

hell-- it happens during those two MAC games earlier in the week when the teams had combined scores over 120 points-- amazing they can find time to stuff in their promo stuff when both teams are scoring so often.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

omg! I can't believe they didn't spend every second of the broadcast drooling over two bad football teams fighting for irrelevance...

lol,so true

Archived