• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

why is Skip Holtz smiling?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Excuses are for losers he should be able to get more out of these players than he is, even if they aren't the ones he recruited they became his when he agreed to start taking our paychecks.

True

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

No, we can have this discussion elsewhere. But this does not rest on Joel Miller or Jim Leavitt - both were full of faults, both apparently lied although only one is a proven liar.

This is on the administration. They have taken the helm and fully deflated this program with bad decisions all around.

Leavitt wasn't embarassing the program (only to those that didn't like him), have you seen Will Mushamp or other real head coaches? Championship type guys?

We simply downgraded. That's not that hard to see. Perhaps Leavitt had taken us as far as he could, I'm not suggesting otherwise. But this program has taken a whole different direction. We are softer, we aren't focused, we seem happy with fancy uniforms.

The program direction is unfocused and at the precipice of permanent ruin in my humble opinion. All because we are running away from success. My belief is we don't want the pressure to succeed any more. We being the admin. The fairy tale run is over. We're no differnet than anyone else. Just run out there, give it a moderate effort, please everyone...you know like most government enterprises.

For as much as you don't like CSH right now, we had to make the change at head coach with Leavitt. He took us as far as we could go. Do you remember getting blown out by RU (both home and away) with Leavitt? How quickly do we tend to forget the crummy results that Leavitt brought to the table as well.

I hate using this excuse, because I think good coaches are good coaches, regardless of the players, but I'd like to see how Skip does with his recruits and players learning his system from Day 1. Biggest being at QB. remember, BJD has had to learn so many offenses in his time at USF, and he may not be what Skip was looking for in a QB. I mean, look at how often the kid is made to run-- i dont think that is something Skip wants in his QB (given his history at ECU), but he has to work with what was given to him.

This season is more or less over. Let's get to 6 wins and go bowling for some extra practice time, but I think we can start thinking about the future. The final chapter of Skip Holtz at USF isnt written yet.

We never lost 4 games in a row with Leavitt. We were never 0-4 in conference and the only team in the conference with this record.

• Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

We never lost 4 games in a row with Leavitt. We were never 0-4 in conference and the only team in the conference with this record.

We lost the last three games of 2004 and the first game of 2005 for 4 games in a row under Leavitt.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

The point of the thread was why would a losing coach be smiling about a fourth straight loss? I guess some fans that care are uncomfortable with that, starting with cmhatter, a solid voice against Leavitt and now, a major critic of Holtz. This thread wouldn't exist if it appeared Holtz and Company took losing as hard as some on this board. I mean, humidity? Come one. Excuses. Giggles?

I hope we can find a way to re-focus and get this team back to valueing wins and doing what it takes. Else the collective motivation, attitude and drive suffers this year and forward.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

im mad that he didn't give us the cold hard reality about our team...

we aren't very good. the fans can see it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

This thread wouldn't exist if it appeared Holtz and Company took losing as hard as some on this board.

The key word there is appeared ... and honestly, if CSH and Co. took losing as hard as some on this board, I would seriously question their mental stability.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

True. Somewhere in between might satisfy the masses.

• Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

He doesnt need to act like a lunatic but maybe not smile while feeding us lines about the affects of humidity on game balls (although I guess it is hard to feed that line without smiling)

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

At this point, I don't know who is better or who is worse, however, I do know CJL was green and gold through and through. CJL was passionate and yet imperfect, Skip is level headed and also prone to making coaching mistakes. Only time will tell if the Skip hire was successful or not, I just know I don't like present direction of the program.

Archived