• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

why is Skip Holtz smiling?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

At his Presser? What exactly is funny? What could you possibly be happy about?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be fired if I was a coach....I'd be absolutely livid

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

it's one thing to stay positive for your team after missing a chip shot FG at end of regulation but to maintain it after that finish...............

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

Softer, gentler...

Everyone find a happy place.

Nobody get upset.

We got what many wanted.

Nvm not worth it

Lets be real... Leavitt and his antics were a joke and pretty embarassing for USF. I think if you ask most would readily agree that that type of behavior isn't welcome anymore... I'm talking about this presser

I'm not saying skip should run around like a fool throwing his visor and grabbing kids by the facemask/uni and scresming at them... but don't think he should be happy right now.

Don't make this a Leavitt Holtz thing because leavitt had numerous catastrophic losses. Army

It's not a Leavitt/Holtz thing, it's a program thing. We ripped the heart out and apparently subbed in Captain Happy. I'm not saying the debacle that the program has become is a Leavitt/Holtz thing (while that argument could be made). I am saying that I don't recall Leavitt losing so much and making happy faces about it. I know you don't agree, but I'd rather the snarls and mean faces so I know what I am seeing is not acceptable. Yeah, I snarl too when my kids do wrong. They can tell by my face they did wrong. Not a dang thing wrong with that. You want the kids to know their actions matter. This sounds like a bad dream.

Levitt in the big east was a loser. We aren't getting much different results right now. But skip isn't embarrassing our program publicly, which I believe to be important.

Who knows... skips approach might still work, there are plenty of coaches like him that have had great success... hell, skip has proven he can win conferences with his last team.

Personally I'd be much more like Levitt but I recognize that that would be unacceptable... I'd prefer skip smiling after loss than for skip to come in the room with his face all bloody.

And nobody ripped the heart out of the program except Jim leavitt

And where the hell is everyone... its like you and me arguing about skip ans cjl ... p

No, we can have this discussion elsewhere. But this does not rest on Joel Miller or Jim Leavitt - both were full of faults, both apparently lied although only one is a proven liar.

This is on the administration. They have taken the helm and fully deflated this program with bad decisions all around.

Leavitt wasn't embarassing the program (only to those that didn't like him), have you seen Will Mushamp or other real head coaches? Championship type guys?

We simply downgraded. That's not that hard to see. Perhaps Leavitt had taken us as far as he could, I'm not suggesting otherwise. But this program has taken a whole different direction. We are softer, we aren't focused, we seem happy with fancy uniforms.

The program direction is unfocused and at the precipice of permanent ruin in my humble opinion. All because we are running away from success. My belief is we don't want the pressure to succeed any more. We being the admin. The fairy tale run is over. We're no differnet than anyone else. Just run out there, give it a moderate effort, please everyone...you know like most government enterprises.

Archived