• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BE meeting today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone know when they are meeting and if any invites will be sent out today....the silence is killing me, rebuild already!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

I think Marinara is holding the meeting in private room at the Olive Garden in Hoboken... he likes the all you can eat salad, soup and breadsticks for $5.99... Some may call him "cheap" because he just orders water with lemon to drink, but he spends the extra cash to get the side of alfredo sauce to dip his breadsticks.

Probably no invites... my guess is they are meeting to discuss when to have the next conference call.

• Content Count:  4,501

Meeting is today and I don't know for sure but speculation is to get ok to do invites. You may get a leak today but probably by this weekend the New BE will take shape.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

They are meeting to plan a getogether to organize a conference call to send out a letter to schools to find out if they can talk about who to possibly invite to their next meeting.

• Content Count:  879

Just speculation on my part, but since WVU has filed suit, the basketball school foresee the imminent demise of the football schools programs, so they outvote the football schools and decide to not send out any invitations for football, thereby allowing a quick, less painful death to the football schools, and rather invite Temple, Xavier and whoever else they want to make a mega basketball conference.

The End.

• Content Count:  1,867

They are meeting to plan a getogether to organize a conference call to send out a letter to schools to find out if they can talk about who to possibly invite to their next meeting.

this... "The Great Disfunction"

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

Meeting is today and I don't know for sure but speculation is to get ok to do invites. You may get a leak today but probably by this weekend the New BE will take shape.

What I love is that every single time something happens, all parties have to reconvene and re-vote on what has already been voted on and agreed to. It's like a perpetual reset and start over scenario. They sure know how to stretch things out.

I'm thinking no invites will go out today. There's the argument that they wanted to wait until the "last" BE team left, because they knew someone else would (WVU or Ville) and now that this has happened, they'll go ahead with the invites because we're all just so darned stable and united now. But I just don't buy that. Seems to me it's one stall tactic after another. Either they've already had their verbal invites declined and have no one to invite or there was never the intention of inviting anyone in the first place, rather to let the football side of the BE die and be able to point at all the conference calls, meetings, and site visits and say, "Geez, guys, we tried. Don't sue us."

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

According to various reporters' tweets, it sounds like the BE approved sending invites to both all sports and football only schools. Specific names and/or numbers were not provided. Also, JM said the WVU suit contains inaccurate and false claims.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

They are meeting to vote on the new "entrance fee." That is, how many millions the BE will pay a school to accept an invitation to this jacked up conference.

• Content Count:  4,501

My gosh - who wee weed on your guys wheaties ?

Archived