• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board Moderation

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Board members,

I've seen the few compalints about board moderation that have appeared over the last few weeks. I'd like you to know that we have a private "Moderator" board where we discuss moderation related topics. I am always open to hearing complaints about moderation and answer any questions. I am happy to address issues or situations with the Moderator(s). Moderators have acted before only to have their actions undone - they know that's part of the job. Likewise, moderators have followed the rules against their own personal beliefs and removed content, or, allowed content to stay. It's not an easy job.

I'd like it that any concerns, questions or criticism be directed to me. Posting about the disputes and enflaming a moderator-related whinefest does none of us any good. We will adjust our policies when it is correct to do so. Naturally, we won't compete with some of the blogs that willfully allow profane and vulgar comments about USF personalities, coaches or players. Both USF and non-USF blogs have and will allow more than we do in their comments sections - it's part of the quest for traffic. We hope we have built a solid enough foundation that we don't have to play that game.

We are a fan message board, not a first amendment vehicle for venting against all things USF including one another.

So please, if you believe something should be moderated, let me know - that happens more than some would believe. If you think something has been moderated, but should not have been - please let me know. The moderators and admins, myself included, try to do what's best for USF (We are a fan message board that supports USF Athletics - we've never portrayed ourselves as anything different), the board and board members.

A conversation about the board's moderation is always welcome via email or the board's PM.

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I posted after my post was deleted because I had a legitimate post about a current issue... it was deleted in minutes rather than just having someone follow up and ASK for a source. Then if I didn't provide a source within a reasonable amount of time then delete it... it was pretty much everywhere and I stated multiple sources were reporting this on twitter and it was fairly easy to find.

If this happened on another board, someone would have swooped in with a source in minutes.

Bottom line is the board is probably over moderated. If the mods think it is acceptable level then thats fine, this board will meet certain needs for certain people i guess. The fact that it is the internet's largest usf board keeps people coming back.

This is a different issue but its impossible to have a conversation on this board without a linked source. Its easy enough to go elsewhere to have this conversation but you cannot (currently) reach as many bulls fans.

Obviously you guys do a great job and you guys upkeep the board for no profit... but post moderation ( for me an apparently others) is a bit much.

Otherwise A+

Just my opinion

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I will need my consumption of alcohol moderated this weekend if we lose to Rutgers!

We wont lose... I'll rush the field if we lose.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

I posted after my post was deleted because I had a legitimate post about a current issue... it was deleted in minutes rather than just having someone follow up and ASK for a source. Then if I didn't provide a source within a reasonable amount of time then delete it... it was pretty much everywhere and I stated multiple sources were reporting this on twitter and it was fairly easy to find.

If this happened on another board, someone would have swooped in with a source in minutes.

For the record, your thread title read something to the effect of "Tony Kibler is a digusting criminal" and backed that up with a simple "Multiple tweet sources". I did a quick Google and didn't see anything to verify it so I pulled it. Like I explained before, if you're going to make an accusation of that magnitude, calling any USF personnel a "disgusting criminal", I'd suggest you back it up with something "concrete". If this was the wrong tact to take, I trust Brad will let me know, but I'm assuming this board is going to err on the side of the player with something like this. .... besides, it worked out fine because you still got credit for the "scoop", didn't you?

It was "tony kibler - criminal". Not once did I use the word discusting.... you are making that up and anyone who read the thread title could attest to that.. maybe you can find it in Google's cache.

Just saying :P

I didn't have any scoop, skip Holtz had the scoop and twitter went pretty crazy. When I Google it was the top link in the organic search...

Like I said... I was just voicing my opinion... it worked out fine but I did have to make a new post.

It was "tony kibler - criminal". Not once did I use the word discusting.... you are making that up and anyone who read the thread title could attest to that.. maybe you can find it in Google's cache.

Just saying :P

I didn't have any scoop, skip Holtz had the scoop and twitter went pretty crazy. When I Google it was the top link in the organic search...

It would be interesting to see what it did say ... I could have sworn there was an adjective in front of criminal. If I was more adept on this new board, i could have moved it instead of playing around with it ... Bottom line, though, he wasn't a criminal .... yet. ;)

And the scoop I was refering to was being the firstest on this board ...

Like I said... I was just voicing my opinion... it worked out fine but I did have to make a new post.

Well, I hope it didn't wear you out .... :rolleyes: Hopefully next time this happens I'll be more familiar with the board and make it easier on both of us.

Archived