• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board Moderation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

See if brad can dig it up using board functionality... I know we can using internet caches but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort...

Or anyone who viewed the title could chime in.

Could have just changed it from criminal to arrested... whcih is where it seems to be now. Its really not that serious to argue about it and that wasnt the first time there has been cases like that. Just read the thread and ylull see others have similar stories... not sure what thdir cases are.

Oh well I'm done on this one!

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Like I said... I was just voicing my opinion... it worked out fine but I did have to make a new post.

Well, I hope it didn't wear you out .... :rolleyes: Hopefully next time this happens I'll be more familiar with the board and make it easier on both of us.

Ahh last thing then... do you k ow how many keystrokes that was? Be considerate of those on tablets. Life is tough

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

One man's moderation is another man's censorship. Wonder why traffic is down on this board?

This isn't a public place. It is a membership forum.

Traffic is down because the team has lost a few games.

Traffic is also down because too many people use the board to vent and hurl insults.

There are lots of other boards you can frequent if all you want to do is speak like an idiot and curse at teenage kids.

TheBullspen became the per-eminant USF Athetics Board because that kind of behavior is not tolerated.

This board is for the TGI Fridays fun crowd where families are welcome. If you prefer a dive bar with greasy floors and low lighting so you can't see the vomit on the floor, you should move on.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

One man's moderation is another man's censorship. Wonder why traffic is down on this board?

Yeah, sorry. Traffic is down from 5 weeks ago when the team was 4-0 and so many of you were overly excited. Even with the three consecutive losses this season, we are still experiencing greater traffic than the same time frame (October) last year. I don't think you read/understood what was posted. It was how quickly traffic drops when the Ls come. It shows how quickly some people jump off the Bulls bandwagon.

Again, I'm asking for the whinefest to stop. You're obviously upset with USF in many ways, we've all read about it. I'm not sure any amount more or less of moderation on this board changes your disposition.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

As to cmhatter and Triple B's conversation, I really didn't want an open discussion of board moderation on a sports board but we can do that.

There is no reason to have to have a link. Over the years, several stories have been broke on TBP and then showed up in papers or elsewhere. We've always had people close to the team, athletic department or on campus that report things that aren't sourced. That's not a big deal. A link from a blog makes it no more real. I didn't see the original post at all, but if cmhatter played judge and jury, then I can see the reason to take down or alter the title as it reflects not only on Mr. Kibler but on the board and it's operators.

Bottom line is had he posted that Kibler was arrested, there is no harm in reporting the story. It would be eventually. The personal comments - calling him a criminal, well, that may turn out to be true, but probably not a headline we should display. We'll let the judge decide that. Just like any other stand up body would.

I think it's time to move on. We want board members to break stories or information for the rest of us rabid fans. As admins and mods we just need to make sure things like the Kibler situation are displayed or reported without appearing libelous or defamatory.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Just reread Brad's post but I want to reiterate.

Just as a matter of point, Tony Kibler is NOT a criminal. He is someone accused of a crime. The story, the way I read about it is that he took a knife and carved something on a dorm room door after a breakup. Not condoning that behavior but as cops are want to do, he was massively overcharged. He'll prolly plead to a misdemeanor disorderly conduct with a good behavior provision which expunges the issue from his record after a relatively short period of time. He will be blocking come next fall I suppose.

Archived