• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reality check

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

despite the way Espn spins it.....over the last ten years-Boise>WVU, Navy>PItt, Anybody>Cuse.....new tv markets-Orlando, Houston, Dallas.....not to mention potentially BYU.........new tv contract with NBC>ESPN......Saturday football>ESPN's Wed, Thurs, Fri. football.....New BE>BE now

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Hey, don't be coming in here with your realistic point of view.....its only pitch forks in here dont' ya know......realism don't go round here

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

despite the way Espn spins it.....over the last ten years-Boise>WVU, Navy>PItt, Anybody>Cuse.....new tv markets-Orlando, Houston, Dallas.....not to mention potentially BYU.........new tv contract with NBC>ESPN......Saturday football>ESPN's Wed, Thurs, Fri. football.....New BE>BE now

We get Boise/BYU it can be, but we aren't getting anywhere close to the TV deal we would have had with WVU, TCU, Pitt, ans Cuse.

I've always stated, I'm not worried about helge AQ. It's sticking around, the TV dollars won't.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

I'm not crazy about losing the teams that we are. Was looking forward to going to Dallas for TCU. But SMU gets us to Dallas and Houston will be a fun road trip as well. Don't see us making the trip to Orlando for UCF though. Maintaining the AQ status is everything. Just keeping my fingers crossed.

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

We get Boise/BYU it can be, but we aren't getting anywhere close to the TV deal we would have had with WVU, TCU, Pitt, ans Cuse.

I've always stated, I'm not worried about helge AQ. It's sticking around, the TV dollars won't.

Not convinced that we won't get a great TV deal.

I keep telling people to watch NBC. They have been left out outside of ND. They are rebranding VS as NBC Sports Network. ESPN didn't like us because we were going to force them to competitively bid instead of just take whatever they offered.

SMU, Houston, BYU, Navy, Air Force, and Boise State offer a vastly expanded footprint. BYU, Air Force, and Navy are all nationally followed. Boise State has drawn a lot of interest over the past decade and will draw eyes. Houston and SMU are in two of the biggest TV markets in the country.

And playing games in NYC goes with NBC's base at Rockefeller Center.

We'll bid out two tiers and we'll greatly improve on what we have now. Take it to the bank and mark this post. I stand buy it. I have family in the industry. NBC has no one to go to for primetime and day games to counter CBS, ABC, and Fox. They want to build a brand that will go up against ESPN on the cable side. And they want to expand Comcast SportsNet.

The Big East will sell two tiers of programming and bid out management of a Big East network for all other things. We also still will have our basketball to sweeten the pot, something NBC also might pay good money for and ESPN would prefer not to lose for the spring.

We'll bid out to NBC, Fox, and ESPN. Both Fox and NBC are going hard after ESPN/ABC. Fox has got the Big XII and the PAC-12. CBS has the main SEC deal. If we leave then ESPN is left with only the Big Ten's first tier unless they can win the bid to renew the Big XII's first tier. NBC, Fox and CBS may play a role in that bid too.

But right now NBC has only got ND. If they get us then they'll help in our promotion.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Only team I dont like losing is WVU and TCU. The rest are trash and doucebags.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

despite the way Espn spins it.....over the last ten years-Boise>WVU, Navy>PItt, Anybody>Cuse.....

I don't think the last ten years don't matter as much as the next 10 years do and I think Pitt and Cuse will have a better next decade than last ... As far as the last ten years go, not real sure what you're basing your "reality check" on. Boise made a lot of noise but when all was said and done their winning percentage over AQ teams was at 53% while WVU's was 61%, with BSU playing 1/5th the number WVU did. They both were 2-0 in BCS bowls ... if anything, that looks like a wash. Navy had a 35% winning percentage against AQ teams while Pitt was at 52%. Houston/SMU/UCF have a combined 10% winning percentage against AQ teams compared to Syracuse's 30% ... Maybe you have some different criteria that backs up your >'s and it would be interesting to see it.

• Content Count:  1,204

despite the way Espn spins it.....over the last ten years-Boise>WVU, Navy>PItt, Anybody>Cuse.....

I don't think the last ten years don't matter as much as the next 10 years do and I think Pitt and Cuse will have a better next decade than last ... As far as the last ten years go, not real sure what you're basing your "reality check" on. Boise made a lot of noise but when all was said and done their winning percentage over AQ teams was at 53% while WVU's was 61%, with BSU playing 1/5th the number WVU did. They both were 2-0 in BCS bowls ... if anything, that looks like a wash. Navy had a 35% winning percentage against AQ teams while Pitt was at 52%. Houston/SMU/UCF have a combined 10% winning percentage against AQ teams compared to Syracuse's 30% ... Maybe you have some different criteria that backs up your >'s and it would be interesting to see it.

Wouldn't you say it's easier to beat AQ teams when you are in an AQ conference and get better recruits because of it?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

Wouldn't you say it's easier to beat AQ teams when you are in an AQ conference and get better recruits because of it?

Absolutely ... then by what criteria is "over the last ten years-Boise>WVU, Navy>PItt, Anybody>Cuse" justified then?

• Content Count:  78

</p>

I said the same thing in another thread and got roasted for it. I don`t understand the ``BE is dead`` talk. I can live without UCF and BYU isn`t interesting to me beyond shoring up our AQ status, but in the end the programs we are potentially adding-- Boise, Houston, Navy, AFA-- are as good or better than the teams we lost. Syracuse is a bball school, but football-wise they are ****. Pitt is nothing more than a spoiler, and have been nothing more than a spoiler for a decade. They`ve gone to one BCS bowl and they got prisonpounded by Utah. WVU is really the only real severe loss, but Boise`s on-field performance has surpassed theirs over the past few years. If everything falls into place, the new 12-team conference will be more exciting and more competitive than the 8-team craphole the Big East has been since 2005.

I think Temple and/or Memphis are better adds than UCF, Army or ECU. Tennessee is fertile recruiting ground and Temple would be competitive with AQ status boosting their credibility.

I`m personally excited for some new teams, and content that we still have our old C-USA buddies (Ville, Cinci) sticking with us. Louisville has always been a good game for us.

Archived