• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game Day experience at Ray Jay

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,654
  • Days Won:  424

Music is loud and it's catered to the students. Not much is going to change there.

Pretty sure I even heard Metallica playing last night during the USC-ND game.

I think they actually played "Crazy Train" in South Bend last night, except it wasn't on a kick-off...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

Football stadiums SHOULD be loud, I agree. But not artificially. If your fans can't do it, live with it. Don't get me started about baseball games and how fans don't cheer unless some pumped it Mexican Hat Dance or some other other song gets them started.

I know there is a huge age difference but I do remember days in baseball when there were no organs or anything to "lead" the cheers. People would actually decide to make noise on their own and not wait to be led to slaughter by some organ playing dude.

I blame the Mets. They might have been the first to introduce an organ player leading the cheers. It is has gone totally downhill from there. People sit on their hands nowadays until they get "cued" by the sound guy.

OK, so I did a little research. Wikipedia says the Cubs started it in 1941 and others picked it up in the 60's. Since I didn't watch Cubs games on TV back then, I saw mostly the Phillies, Yankees and Mets.

And I wish we still had Paul Porter as the PA man (he currently is the PA announcer for the Lightning and Storm). He always added the anecdotes between plays: "Lets get loud for your Bulls deeeeeeefense". Little stuff like that would go a long way

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

Gotta agree that the commercials are ridiculously loud.

we could easily find something good...and not one of the played out 80s power ballads that the bucs play already (welcome to the jungle, and that 3rd down song).

I don't about that certain song for 3rd down but SOMETHING needs to be played there because a vast number of our fans don't have a clue to cheer until they hear that song ...

• Content Count:  143

Unbelieveable what people complain about. Was the sun too bright too?

Actually, yes it was!! I got FRIED! :lol:

But yeah, someone definitely turned the knob to 11 this week.. I don't mind the music (especially seeing as it seemed like H.O.T. took half the day off), but the ads were cranked louder than we've ever heard them - and we've been there for every game since opening day in the Old Sombrero!

I don't know if it was because the crowd was so quiet - or what.. but there were a couple of times when one of the ads came blasting out of no where and it was definitely a WTF moment. :wacko: Like I say - music, fine.. but if I can't even talk (and by talk, I mean yelling) to the person next to me during a time out because your cheesy ad is blasting so **** loud - that's annoying.

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

I guess I haven't noticed it

is it possible that there is an acoustic reason that it seems louder? like more seats being empty or something along those lines? I would think people would act like baffles possibly absorbing sound

• Content Count:  143

As long as we're ******** about gameday experience: Has anyone ever heard the reasoning behind WHY the folks that come in through the Club entrances don't get the lil freebie / goodies / chachkies that everyone else gets at the other gates?? Those "Go Bulls" signs make great sunshades - but they're never handing stuff out at the East Club entrance! EVER! :angry:

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

I was also wondering about something......Why can't we lift/throw anyone in the air anymore after scores anymore.....?

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Ricky don't feel bad, I'm 22 and even sitting on the 30 in the north side away from the speakers the music and ads are WAY to loud. Music selection is also terrible. Playing Lil Jon where he clearly says the F word ever 2 seconds in a stadium full of children? Seriously?
Completely disagree. I sit in the south endzone under the speakers and more than one person commented yesterday that the music and commercials were louder. It's the same crew doing the USF games that does the Bucs games... they will always treat it like an NFL game. The commercials are definately much louder than the music.
There is a difference between piped in loudness and crowd loudness. The WVU game was deafening, but I loved it. It was the crowd making the noise, not artificially induced as I mentioned earlier. It was EXCITING. Not just listening to crap ads and music. Just turn it down some. Like another poster, I'd rather hear the band. We moved our seats from the south side of the 50 to the north side to be closer to the student section and band. Rarely can hear the band.

It was definitely louder.

We could barely ever hear the band and usually we hear them.

My 18 year old thought it was louder as well.

Archived