• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game Day experience at Ray Jay

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I like the all I do is win song befvore we kick off. I also like the seven nation army for when they kick off, I just wish it was the crowd who was singing the "oooohh oh oh oh oh oooh ohhhhh" part. I would also love to hear the band more. I would also like to win a Big East game. All seem just as likely this season.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I`d be fine if they`d quit playing that ``All I do is wee wee wee wee wee`` song at every kickoff. What is that?

It says win, not wee. And it gets the crowd involved so I disagree with your sentiment.

• Content Count:  78
  • Days Won:  0

It says win, not wee. And it gets the crowd involved so I disagree with your sentiment.

Wait, what? It says ``win`` ??Learn something new every day.Anything is better than ``Jump Around`` I suppose.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I thought the stadium was pretty silent altogether....

Haven't been a student in a few years... its never been a loud place.

^This.

The PA guy IS out of hand, at least with the ads and such. When they salute someone, or are doing an on field promo, that's fine, but if they're going to air commercials, do it on the jumbotron only.

The music selection sucks sucks suck. We're getting ghetto-er and ghetto-er every week (maybe it's fitting since USF is **** near suitcase city university). There are plenty of other songs to choose from, and they don't have to always have vocals, IMO. i know alot of people don't like "techno", but there's tons of good tracks out there that can pump people up without blasting rap lyrics.

and to build tradition, let's find a good song, or 4-5, let the students vote on one, and keep that as a song, year after year. wisconsin has jump around, ucf and others have the kernkraft 400 track (can't believe we resorted to playing that at rayjay yesterday), others use the sandstorm track. we could easily find something good...and not one of the played out 80s power ballads that the bucs play already (welcome to the jungle, and that 3rd down song).

i'm sure this is marketing again, they're not putting effort into it.

• Content Count:  4,879

one of my guests this weekend is a sound technician that has done concerts across America and Canada. he commented on the fact that the commercials are too loud to be effective. there is a point at which it begins to become painful to listen and your ability to concentrate decreases. i take guest(s) to most every game and the most commented on aspect of the stadium environment is the loudness and constant bombardment from the video board speakers

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,231

I, too, thought the volume during the commercials was louder than normal yesterday. The couple next to me said the same thing. I didn't notice the difference when the music was played.

And as far as music selection, you are never going to please everybody so it should be mixed up. I am a rocker but would tend to sway on the side of the student's preference since they show the most enthusiasm.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

to be honest, send some of the people who are affiliated with the gameday atmosphere, music, etc to somewhere else to see a game. talk to their announcers, marketers.

go to alabama, or lsu, or even florida. or virginia tech, oregon, wisconsin. check out their game days. music selection. LEARN from others and find what works.

i don't mind if the students get catered to, i like a good hip hop song, but the stuff they've been playing is that really horrible dirty south rap which just gives a bad image and pisses the old people off even more. i'm only 28, and i can't stand most of the rap these days, but i know there's still some decent stuff out there to pick from.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Music is loud and it's catered to the students. Not much is going to change there.

Pretty sure I even heard Metallica playing last night during the USC-ND game.

• Content Count:  4

College football is moving closer to pro sports everyday, especially at a school like USF. USF has no tradition or on campus experience. But it's happening everywhere like Auburn, UF and most of the so called big time schools. The older fans attend for the game itself. The younger people have to be stimulated every second. The game is not enough. USF doesn't have big money donors, but fans of the game for the sake of the game will start to stay away as this trend continues.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Music sounds like it is getting louder because there are less people in the stadium, so its echoing B)

Archived