• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game Day experience at Ray Jay

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I know there is a thread on student experience. This is coming at it from a different perspective.

We have 8 tickets - 2 for ourselves, 4 for 2 other couples and we bring different people to each game with the last 2. The other 4 and most of the people that rotate in are in their 50's and 60's. Every game I'm hearing more and more complaints about the volume of the music and, of course, the music selection. I think they could handle the music selection but the volume of the music, advertisements and even the announcements seems to get louder every week and year.

I figure the younger people on here will tell me to have everyone turn off their hearing aids or don't bother coming to the games. I understand their taste in music is different than ours. You want to entertain the students since many aren't there for football. But does USF risk losing some of the older and more wealthy fans by cranking it up like they do? I'm afraid some of our friends will back out because of this.

I've been to many away games and can't remember any stadium where this was such an issue.

I'll be writing to someone once I know who to write to. But looking is see if anyone else feels the same way.

Though, I would prefer no bumper music, I have no problem with the type of music played. However, it is so loud that is is distorted. That's what bothers me. Loud I like. Over driving the amps, I do not.

I don't like the ads, but we need something to fund the program. Donors, such as yourself, are few and far between and we can't draw flies, much less get an appropriate number of season tickets sold.

On that note, I'm probably dropping my guest tickets next year, because I have a heck of a time getting anybody to take them. A lot of it has to do with the atmosphere. When those "old folks", who have been buying season tickets and donating to the program since it's beginning, start giving up seats and stop writing checks, that's a problem. It's especially problematic when the next generation of fans are not stepping up and filling the void.

My guess is that ad money goes to the Glazers, not USF.

Depending on how things play out with one couple moving out of the area, we may be giving up 2 of our 8 next year. Don't want to do it, but it is getting harder and harder to find people to even take, let along buy, the extras.

The ads for "official sponsors" of USF Athletics? The ad money may go to TSA, as supplement for the rent USF pays per game, but I doubt the to Glazers directly. They're to busy counting the concession and parking proceeds. banana.gif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

I know there is a thread on student experience. This is coming at it from a different perspective.

We have 8 tickets - 2 for ourselves, 4 for 2 other couples and we bring different people to each game with the last 2. The other 4 and most of the people that rotate in are in their 50's and 60's. Every game I'm hearing more and more complaints about the volume of the music and, of course, the music selection. I think they could handle the music selection but the volume of the music, advertisements and even the announcements seems to get louder every week and year.

I figure the younger people on here will tell me to have everyone turn off their hearing aids or don't bother coming to the games. I understand their taste in music is different than ours. You want to entertain the students since many aren't there for football. But does USF risk losing some of the older and more wealthy fans by cranking it up like they do? I'm afraid some of our friends will back out because of this.

I've been to many away games and can't remember any stadium where this was such an issue.

I'll be writing to someone once I know who to write to. But looking is see if anyone else feels the same way.

Though, I would prefer no bumper music, I have no problem with the type of music played. However, it is so loud that is is distorted. That's what bothers me. Loud I like. Over driving the amps, I do not.

I don't like the ads, but we need something to fund the program. Donors, such as yourself, are few and far between and we can't draw flies, much less get an appropriate number of season tickets sold.

On that note, I'm probably dropping my guest tickets next year, because I have a heck of a time getting anybody to take them. A lot of it has to do with the atmosphere. When those "old folks", who have been buying season tickets and donating to the program since it's beginning, start giving up seats and stop writing checks, that's a problem. It's especially problematic when the next generation of fans are not stepping up and filling the void.

Depending on how things play out with one couple moving out of the area, we may be giving up 2 of our 8 next year. Don't want to do it, but it is getting harder and harder to find people to even take, let along buy, the extras.

The ads for "official sponsors" of USF Athletics? The ad money may go to TSA, as supplement for the rent USF pays per game, but I doubt the to Glazers directly. They're to busy counting the concession and parking proceeds. banana.gif

You're right. The official sponsor stuff must go to USF. Do you think ALL the ad money goes to the Bulls?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I think for the most part, much of us know that eventually an OCS is going to solve most of the little quirks that random people experience at RJS. On a whole, RJS provides us with some great things, but those little things like ads, hustler cops, nazi parking people, all add up to bad game day experiences, which is what this thread is about. sometimes, those little things are enough to deter a casual fan or someone who, if they happen to show up during a big game (wvu, miami, etc), might be swayed into "joining" into the program.

i think i have actually heard a cop or two telling people to move along and get out, but never paid attn to it. i'm sure they profile a bit too. i'm a very innocent looking white guy (heh), and i'm in the middle of the field. i know the cops seem to congregate much more along the north/south endzones and the sections closer to the corners where more of your riff-raff seems to happen. the only thing i'm sure they ARE trying to do is get people into the concourses since they can "clear" the bowl/seating area and focus their man power into the concourses and eventually outside, since they probably feel they're undermanned if they let people scatter and stay. an OCS will hopefully kick start more people being able to wander in earlier and exit a little later, esp during wins when they can move down and interact with players a little more. sadly, you can high five some of the players after a win, but otherwise, fanfest is about as close as you'll get to a player unless you have some credentials to get "inside".

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

I too have 8 tickets with 2 of them being extras every home game. NEVER have a problem finding someone to go.

Yes, I agree, the speakers are to loud. Don't like the song selection at all, but understand why, although I can't understand most of what they say in the songs.

Never have a problem with the parking guys in lot 6. We have 3 cars and I have to be either first or last in line depending on what direction we park. We shuffle on the way in.

Only had one problem with the cops in the stadium. 100% my fault.

Can never hear the band in section 234.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

You're right. The official sponsor stuff must go to USF. Do you think ALL the ad money goes to the Bulls?

I don't know what transpires between the TSA and USF, but I would imagine some percentage goes to the TSA. Just like a percentage of ticket sales do. How much of that, if any, the TSA has to give the Glazers? Don't know.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

Don't the Glazers own TSA? ;)

Archived