• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game Day experience at Ray Jay

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I thought the stadium was pretty silent altogether....

Haven't been a student in a few years... its never been a loud place.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

i dont care about the level volume level as i do the music selection. from a person who grew up on hip hop, im tired of hearing horrendous and ignorent southern rap. especially when wannabes try to act hard to it. gabbage and doesnt make our fanbase look very good.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Ricky don't feel bad, I'm 22 and even sitting on the 30 in the north side away from the speakers the music and ads are WAY to loud.

Music selection is also terrible. Playing Lil Jon where he clearly says the F word ever 2 seconds in a stadium full of children? Seriously?

• Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

Unbelieveable what people complain about. Was the sun too bright too? I def dont think its gotten any louder than its been. You just have to know what you are getting into when you go to a game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Unbelieveable what people complain about. Was the sun too bright too? I def dont think its gotten any louder than its been. You just have to know what you are getting into when you go to a game.

Completely disagree. I sit in the south endzone under the speakers and more than one person commented yesterday that the music and commercials were louder. It's the same crew doing the USF games that does the Bucs games... they will always treat it like an NFL game. The commercials are definately much louder than the music.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

from a student perspective, I don't have a problem with the loudness but that's just my opinion. The music choices i approve for the most part & know a lot of the players do as well. Some of the songs That I know are played that some may have problems with I personally like. Here is one that MANY college students love including the players that was played yesterday. There IS cussing in song but they do use clean version - here is Dirty version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLr63uyVWLc & clean version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJelg6B-txI

also listen from 2:15 mark is very interesting part of song lol

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,709
  • Days Won:  109

Here's why I'm asking: I don't think they're adding additional wattage to the loudspeakers between weeks in order to make them louder each week. Perhaps they've got a volume control, and they're adjusting it. However, I just have a difficult time seeing how this could be supported, and it can't be getting louder every single time, there would be a limit at some point.

In all honesty, i think that doing anything other than providing feedback that they're too loud would be laughed at. You started out this thread by talking about how people in your group might not go anymore, and I think that telling them that people won't go because of the loudspeakers would be laughed at. They may not laugh at you directly, but once you're off the phone with them, they'll be making fun of you across the office:

- Dude, you're not going to believe what this guy just told me

- Oh yeah, what'd he say?

- He says the loudspeakers are too loud and they don't like the music being played

- Really?

- Yeah, but the best part is that he said that we're risking losing future ticket sales because its too loud

- Doesn't he realize that it's supposed to be a loud environment at a football game, that's part of the home field advantage?

- If it's too loud, you're too old!

- Yep, tell grandpa to watch the games on TV!

- I know, people will complain about ANYTHING!

They'll laugh until the donations stop coming.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,709
  • Days Won:  109

There is a difference between piped in loudness and crowd loudness. The WVU game was deafening, but I loved it. It was the crowd making the noise, not artificially induced as I mentioned earlier. It was EXCITING. Not just listening to crap ads and music. Just turn it down some.

Like another poster, I'd rather hear the band. We moved our seats from the south side of the 50 to the north side to be closer to the student section and band. Rarely can hear the band.

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

I hope most of you agree with the selection of "All I Do Is Win" for kickoffs. That gets the majority of the stadium involved, and it looks awesome

Having all the advertisements is a bit much though. I realize it's a necessity to get money, but it's gotten out of hand.

And I wish we still had Paul Porter as the PA man (he currently is the PA announcer for the Lightning and Storm). He always added the anecdotes between plays: "Lets get loud for your Bulls deeeeeeefense". Little stuff like that would go a long way

• Content Count:  78
  • Days Won:  0

I`d be fine if they`d quit playing that ``All I do is wee wee wee wee wee`` song at every kickoff. What is that?

Archived