• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

we gave the game away just like uconn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

two issues.

special teams

penalties

• Content Count:  1,013
  • Days Won:  0

Penalties just killed us!

Didn't get to see the replays at the stadium. I hope most of them were legit as I think they were the difference in the game.

• Content Count:  26

I might be wrong but I think the play calling was a little off again.

• Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

For special teams: I'm sure that the ball got lost in the sun on a few plays. Lamar looked like a blind man trying to catch the ball pretty often.

For penalties: What happened to having a team that is more disciplined than a Leavitt team?

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Offensive playcalling wasn't too bad today. Defense meets the definition of insanity: trying the same failed scheme and expecting a different result. The penalties did hurt, but quite a few of them were bogus, and there were a few no calls that should have been called on Cincy that didn't help.

• Content Count:  3

As a UC fan, I just wanted to say, there was poor officiating all over this game.

The lateral by Daniels went forward several feet, and was therefor was not really a lateral(close though).

The PI calls we got, were completely ridiculous, most all of them were on uncatchable passes, that were either way out of reach or in one case would have been out of bounds regardless. I also saw a late hit on Collaros in the first half and in the second, one false start call looked like USF was offsides.

I really wish we had used Winn on the third and shorts early in the game, I also wish we could have made something out of missed field goal, blocked field goal and the one time we got picked in the red zone etc. The game was far from perfect in any respect. It was nerve wrecking. This game wasn't decided by officiating though.

All the bad calls could have changed the momentum in either direction, but both teams had them.

I think what decided it in the end was your defense. That's just my opinion. When Woods had that near catch for the touchdown at the end, even with the Pass interference call, I thought USF might stop UC, in spite of the new set of downs with first and goal. Collaros' last drive was successful in the end. He found a crease and that was that.

That said, coaches are paid to win games. 0-3 in conference with Daniels, puzzles me. You're in a recruiting hot bed, I'll grant there's competition in state, but this is the Big East. Holtz should be able to win.

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Offensive playcalling wasn't too bad today. Defense meets the definition of insanity: trying the same failed scheme and expecting a different result. The penalties did hurt, but quite a few of them were bogus, and there were a few no calls that should have been called on Cincy that didn't help.

Yeup. :mellow:

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Defense was awful

1:12 seconds to score a game winning td ???

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

As a UC fan, I just wanted to say, there was poor officiating all over this game.

The lateral by Daniels went forward several feet, and was therefor was not really a lateral(close though).

The PI calls we got, were completely ridiculous, most all of them were on uncatchable passes, that were either way out of reach or in one case would have been out of bounds regardless. I also saw a late hit on Collaros in the first half and in the second, one false start call looked like USF was offsides.

I really wish we had used Winn on the third and shorts early in the game, I also wish we could have made something out of missed field goal, blocked field goal and the one time we got picked in the red zone etc. The game was far from perfect in any respect. It was nerve wrecking. This game wasn't decided by officiating though.

All the bad calls could have changed the momentum in either direction, but both teams had them.

I think what decided it in the end was your defense. That's just my opinion. When Woods had that near catch for the touchdown at the end, even with the Pass interference call, I thought USF might stop UC, in spite of the new set of downs with first and goal. Collaros' last drive was successful in the end. He found a crease and that was that.

That said, coaches are paid to win games. 0-3 in conference with Daniels, puzzles me. You're in a recruiting hot bed, I'll grant there's competition in state, but this is the Big East. Holtz should be able to win.

Right... cuz USF got all the calls..... lol...

• Content Count:  14

It was given away because of the defense, poor tackle, no pressure on the qb, no passing defense, it's bad.

Mistakes all around for the Cinci game yesterday, but as a large sap shot there was much more effort yesterday then the previous 2 games so this is good.

There should be no excuses for having 16 days off and getting spanked so bad at Pitt loosing 44-17, bad, very bad.

Archived